Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just thought id come and leave my first post here.

Name is Aaron and im looking at purchasing a 250R (black 09) within the next 1-2 months. I work in the city of melbourne as a Team Leader @ Foxtel, and have the joy of walking past the numerous PS dealers in the city to perve of the new 250R, everyday (im in love, the girlfirend is kinda jealous

The 250R will be my first reak bike - after riding paddock bashers about 10 years ago. (still yet to arrange my learners (waiting for mates to get themselves organised as they want to come with me and get theirs too)

I could go on at how much i love the new 250R, but i could be here all day...

few questions though,

- i have been asking around and have had n offer of $7950 AUD (2 yr unlimit. km warrenty and free 1000km service) good deal?

- those Learner 250R riders, do you think you made a good choice or could of chosen a better bike (i say this as dropping a brand spanking bike would make me cry like a woman)

- Do PS keep their customers informed with delivery updates (i have read that lots of people were "left in the lurch" about delivery of their 08 bikes, have they pulled their socks up with the 09 model?

The Ladyfriend is happy with my choice, but just wishes she could get on the back (she will have to wait :p)

I must say this place is one of the best forums i ahve found, with so much support for 250R and also few new riders. (i have read the 250R thread nearly twice, gets boring)

Aaron

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Hello.

A 250 is a very good choice for a first bike, but you're right, dropping a new bike would suck. It's always a good idea to look at used bikes for beginners. Just my .02...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dropping a brand new bike sucks roo balls, so don't drop it! Worrying about dropping it all the time almost guarantees you will.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks very much for the replies

over the last few days my mates have been on my back about getting the bike..they are trying to stop me, guess they are trying to look after me too

how many of you guys drove before you rode?
and vice versa???

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Used bike is :plusone: for a beginner. As the old saying goes, it's not IF you'll go down, it's WHEN. Most people seem to have 2 accidents with their new bike, the first is usually accidentally dropping it in the driveway or a parking lot. The second is usually a low speed low-side on a gravel covered corner. When you have those out of the way, get the new bike! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the input....

it still scares me knowing if i get a new bike i could drop it... but i guess there is only one way to learn... my mate got a new CBR600RR and dropped it outside work... not the nicest thing to see...

not much gravel in melbourne where i lve, just had most of the road redone due to safety issues with bikes sliding of the side of certain bike runs

·
Registered
734 Posts
my first piece of advice to you. Stick to this forum, and forget Netrider, the general Autralian Motorbike Forum. It is full of ignorant, squidly, bigoted, sump-bred shitmops.

·
Registered
394 Posts
250 sucks with a passenger, its too small, the extra weight is very very noticeable. Dont try to ride with a passenger until you have at least a few thousand miles under your belt, because on a 250 its a very different ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my first piece of advice to you. Stick to this forum, and forget Netrider, the general Autralian Motorbike Forum. It is full of ignorant, squidly, bigoted, sump-bred shitmops.

:Laughing rolling:lol dont worry dude, so far this forum has been more help then most sites combined.. with heaps of links and experience posted (i get bored at work and like to read aimlessly...)

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I won't reiterate what's been said already but just know that you may have experience on paddock bashers (like that one) that the fundamentals transpose to bigger bikes. Countersteering, leaning, throttle control. While used in different levels (i.e. a bigger bike can lean over more but it must go faster to do so than on a paddock basher!) learning on those and then stepping to a 250 will really prepare you for when you go to a supersport. I wish I had some dirt and small bike experience, but i started on an 883 sportster, then jumped to an older 6r. Welcome aboard too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts