Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for all u newbs who are so worried.ive read more then a few threads of ppl askin "never ridden can i handle a 636 blah blah blah".well in my opinion i say no.there no need to get all mad cause my response like i know some will.it doesnt take much for somethin to go wrong and u put a powerful machine like our lovely 6r's out there with no experiance and somethin will happen.if it hasnt to u then good for u and i wish only safe good riding for everyone.the biggest problem with ppl and no experiance is that they may be scared or over cautiouse and thats all it takes.goin little to fast someone pulls out and u freak,grab that front brake and there u go right over top.just an example.u will buy what u want so stop askin everyone if u can handle it.im sure 90% will buy a 6r or bigger cause it aint cool to ride a rebel.well then if u worried bout other ppl then when u ride with someone ur gonna try and keep up cause u dont wanna look like someone who cant ride and ur gonna get hurt i.e. goin too fast on turns.so go buy ur busas and 14r cause its cool just stay away from me and if ur a newb and u bought a smaller bike cause ur smart then hit me up and ill ride with u.and i wirte this from seein ppl who our new im not just pullin it outa my arsss[}:)]

·
Registered
875 Posts
[:+1]

Good post. Just curious if you are a new rider too?

Thats exactly why I got the 500, to give myself more margin for error as I learn. I think its a great first bike, and it has plenty of power for a new rider.

I've def made a few mistakes that could have been much worse if I had the power of a 636, but this bike is very forgiving of noob mistakes. I'm happy I got it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im glad to hear u made s smart choice.no im not new rider ive been doin it many years i guess.just be safe and have fun[}:)]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here i bought a 500 for my first bike as well very good post. Ill prolly step up next season after gettin some ridin experience its the only way to do it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry I went straight for the kana tuna 600 for my first bike. Heavy and slow. Then again not sure if it could have kept up with a 500. [:p] upgraded after a year and it's like I'm learning to ride all over again. But loving every minute. minus out of control soccer mom cagers! [B)]

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by satan
this is for all u newbs who are so worried.ive read more then a few threads of ppl askin "never ridden can i handle a 636 blah blah blah".well in my opinion i say no.there no need to get all mad cause my response like i know some will.it doesnt take much for somethin to go wrong and u put a powerful machine like our lovely 6r's out there with no experiance and somethin will happen.if it hasnt to u then good for u and i wish only safe good riding for everyone.the biggest problem with ppl and no experiance is that they may be scared or over cautiouse and thats all it takes.goin little to fast someone pulls out and u freak,grab that front brake and there u go right over top.just an example.u will buy what u want so stop askin everyone if u can handle it.im sure 90% will buy a 6r or bigger cause it aint cool to ride a rebel.well then if u worried bout other ppl then when u ride with someone ur gonna try and keep up cause u dont wanna look like someone who cant ride and ur gonna get hurt i.e. goin too fast on turns.so go buy ur busas and 14r cause its cool just stay away from me and if ur a newb and u bought a smaller bike cause ur smart then hit me up and ill ride with u.and i wirte this from seein ppl who our new im not just pullin it outa my arsss[}:)]
You really expect anyone to take advice from someone named "Satan"??? Next thing you know, you'll be telling everyone (in Jon Lovitz voice) "WORSHIP ME...." LMAO

[:M45] - just kidding man - good post.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You have a good point, which would come across better if you took the time to use much better capitalization, spelling, and sentencing.

I bought my 250 as ny 3rd bike because I wanted something small, light, and easy to handle around town. Sure it isn't blazing fast in the straights, but it is a blast in the turns and easily fast enough to get introuble with the law. Plus it costs me about a quarter of what I would spend on a 600 over the course of a year. Would I like something faster? Yeah, but not at what I would have to spend/give up to get it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
One of the best posts ive come across![:++1] My buddys tried telling me a 600 is a good starter bike until one of them went out bought a brand new 03 cbr600 and wrecked 3 days after gettin it. i stuck with the 500r and im glad i did. discohusker said it right it was like learning to ride all over again with the sixxxer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thnx for the comments bout the post, and im glad to hear that u guys got some good common sense its all bout bein as safe as u can and knowin ur limits.my limit is riding not spelling and sentencing.just have fun and ride safe.just remember its not what u ride just bout havin fun[}:)]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by satan
This is for al you newbies who are so worried about which bike to get. I've read Tons of posts of people who say "I've never ridden a bike before. Do you think I can handle a 636?" Well, in my opinion No you shouldn't get a 636 for a starter bike.

There is no reason to get all fussy, because you did not get the response you wanted (like I know some will). The truth of the matter is it doesn't take much to do something wrong with a powerfull machine like a 636 which will more likley happen if you have little to no riding experience. If nothing has happened to you then good, i'm glad and I wish you to ride safe and have fun (this goes for everyone).

The biggest problem with people with little to no riding experience is that they panic and get scared or just straight out right stupid which is all it takes to completely destroy your bike or worse yourself/others. Think about it your cruising down the road going fast but not light speed and some old grandma pulls out in front of you. More likley the new rider will panic grab the front break (not squeeze) and proceed going up and over.

You will buy whatever your mind is set on buying bottom line so stop asking if you can handle it or not. I'm sure 90% will by a 636 or bigger because it just isn't "cool" to ride a rebel (500 cc). Well, in that case if your so worried about not looking cool or not being able to keep up with other bikes so you want to keep up and take those turns super fast and dangerous then get that Busa or 14r. Thats just fine do it, just make sure to stay away from me. If your a smart rider and bought a bike which would be great to learn on like those "un-cool" rebels then hit me up and i'll ride with you.

P.S. I wrote this viewing all the people who are new, not just pulling this out of my arse.

(Sorry I had to I had such a hard time reading this post and I hope it makes it a bit smoother to read.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Btw, Satan I completely agree with you which is why I took the time to re-work your post. I didn't do this to challange your intelligence just to make it a bit smoother on ones eyes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol hey thats pretty good took me a min to relize what u did but its all good.well i hope its easier for everyone to understand.man i need to go back to school.[}:)]

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Still trying to figure out the "don't be scared" title, I'm a believer of smaller is better for a beginner but I'm actually getting sick of it being preached as if it was law. Sure people aren't born with the innate ability to ride but some are better learners than others so you can't really apply the same beginner principles to everyone since everyone is different. Just as not all blonds are dumb, not all beginners are incapable of learning on a bigger than ideally recommended bike.

To the beginners who chose to get bigger bikes as first bikes: I hope you have more qualities that make you able to handle the bike other than just being able to pay for it. Qualities like respect, self-control, awareness, ability to adapt, and some amount of fear of injury (note not fear of bike) will go a long way when utilized during riding...Better to have riding experience but just having the previously mentioned qualities is better than just having a big enough wallet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Qualities like respect, self-control, awareness, ability to adapt, and some amount of fear of injury (note not fear of bike) will go a long way when utilized during riding...
Problem is, most people see themselves as above average drivers/riders and would say, "Yeah, I have those qualities" whether they truely do or not. Putting a new rider, no matter what qualities they have, on a supersport is like having someone learn to drive in an F1 car, just like learning to ride on a Vulcan 2000 would be like learning to drive a twin trailor semi. Sure, they can be done, but its going to be a slow process and probably develop a lot of really bad habits.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the reason why i put dont be scared is because i keep seein ppl on bikes too big than they can handle.i see them get scared and freak out from goin into a turn too fast or someone pullin out in front of them,then they do somethin stupid.i understand it doesnt really matter what size bike is but its the simple fact that u got a race bike u gonna race it nomatter ur skill level.so im not preachin just stating how i feel and sayin stay away from me,cause all i need is some idiot ridin into my ass cause he was goin to fast and we had to stop too quick[}:)]
Originally posted by killer2600
Still trying to figure out the "don't be scared" title, I'm a believer of smaller is better for a beginner but I'm actually getting sick of it being preached as if it was law. Sure people aren't born with the innate ability to ride but some are better learners than others so you can't really apply the same beginner principles to everyone since everyone is different. Just as not all blonds are dumb, not all beginners are incapable of learning on a bigger than ideally recommended bike.

To the beginners who chose to get bigger bikes as first bikes: I hope you have more qualities that make you able to handle the bike other than just being able to pay for it. Qualities like respect, self-control, awareness, ability to adapt, and some amount of fear of injury (note not fear of bike) will go a long way when utilized during riding...Better to have riding experience but just having the previously mentioned qualities is better than just having a big enough wallet.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
JStutz2003: Yea those people need a reality check

satan: It sucks to be wrecked cuse of a stupid rider/driver, there should be better training for drivers and new riders should take the MSF course as well as stay off the busy roads until they feel completely comfortable maneuvering AND stopping the bike.

·
Registered
58 Posts
"not being able to keep up with other bikes so you want to keep up and take those turns super fast and dangerous then get that Busa or 14r."

I could think of a two worst sport bikes to buy if you like the twisty stuff, Other than that very sound advice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea that was my whole point on bein stupid i relize those would be some of the worst bikes for turns but there so coo[}:)]

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone else find it a little freaky when you click on a post titled "dont be scared" that was posted by "satan"? lol

Sorry but I was already "scared" to click on this post :p and my lucky number is 666! [:0]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.