Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear, every single time I leave that place, I'm pissed off. They have the worst selection, worst/cockiest customer service, highest prices, and they are liars. When I just got into motorcycling, I went there because it was closest to my house and they sounded reputable. I soon took my bike there to get some brakes put on(would have done it myself, but i was living in an apartment and they quoted me a cheap price). What seemed like a good price soon swelled to over $380 because the mechanic took all day to try to remove a frozen caliper bolt, and he was charging up the ass by the hour. I told them i wasnt paying and that they should have told me about the caliper bolt problem before he spent all day screwing with it(it was on the rear anyway, which didn't really need new brakes, but I figured I'd replace frt/rear at same time). The manager told me that the work was done, I'd have to pay, and that I wasn't getting my bike unless I paid in full. Pissed off, I argued for a while, but eventually paid and left.

I visited them again once or twice only out of desparation because they were so close to my house, and i needed some cheap part or something, but i vowed to never shop there again. Anyway, my birthday comes around and my mom gives me a gift certificate to, yup you guessed it, San Diego House of Motorcycles. Well, i stuffed this certificate away for a couple of years(no joke) because because i hate that place, but this last week i really needed a pair of gloves. Being short on cash, i finally broke down and decided to use the certificate. As i should have expected, they did not have what i wanted in stock(Alpinestars Octane S-moto). They said they would order it and that it would be in Wednesday of next week(today). I call them today because i didn't hear from them(again, no communication), and they tell me that the gloves are on backorder at the warehouse and that they won't be shipped until sometime after the 14th! The 14th being a friday, I probably wont see them until the 18th. The only reason i bought these gloves is because i needed something to wear while im waiting for my Alpinestars GP Tech gloves to ship on the 20th!(bought them new from an e-bay seller, good deal). WTF??

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just trying to get the word out, so nobody else finds themselves walking a little funny for a day or so after visiting this place. I primarily deal with Cycle Gear now in El Cajon, they are good people, knowledgable, have reasonable prices, and a generous return/customer satisfaction policy. It's the best I have found so far, anyone else have a favorite place in S.D. they like to go for their moto needs?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Scott.. i gota agree they are tooo big and your just another number... i don't go there very often. Scott PM!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Every city has a shop like that. Heck, in Birmingham, we have two or three. I had to go almost 70 miles out of town to get a good deal on my bike and excellent customer service. The drive is well worth it though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am Begining to think that here in California, Temple City Power Sports is shite for service. I have spent so much foooocking money there and purchased all my bikes and the service is KRAP!!!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I haven't had a problem with their parts department. I have yet to find a service department at ANY dealership that I trust my bike to. There ARE certain mechanics at certain dealerships that I know will do a good job, so if there is something that I can't do myself I ask when I can book a time with THAT mechanic.

·
Registered
399 Posts
hey dronetone have you heard of cycle depot? they are in eagle rock on colorado check the web site. ive been goin there for seven years and they are great people and they do great work and they will beat any prices for you. check em out.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by wharthog3II
I haven't had a problem with their parts department. I have yet to find a service department at ANY dealership that I trust my bike to. There ARE certain mechanics at certain dealerships that I know will do a good job, so if there is something that I can't do myself I ask when I can book a time with THAT mechanic.
Agreed, I haven't had any issues with them. If they don't have the parts in stock, they are usually pretty quick on getting them. Just had to replace some of the parts on the right rearset of my bike and it only took a few days to get them in. I've also had them put new tires on wheels for me without any issues.

If you happen to go there again, try talking to Brent (big bald guy, not the one with a goatee). Very nice guy and he will be honest with you. If you happen to be in the market for a new bike, talk to Cal in sales. Again, very nice guy and he won't try to screw you over.

Everyone will have different experiences at different places. Doesn't necessarily mean one place is bad or better than another. Learn how to do your own work and find a place to do it to avoid problems like you had. The fact they honored a 2 year old gift certificate is pretty impressive to me as well. Not many places will do that.

If you don't wnat to deal with HOM, then check out Lee's Cycle on Aero Drive. The owner is Jeremy Toye who just recently raced in the Isle of Man TT. Great shop, great people to deal with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i know Lees Cycle is the shit, they are honest, like to deal with racers, and do good work. And im a fan of Jeremy Toye so that doesn't hurt either. He's a great racer. I can do all the work to my bike with the exception of dyno, tyre changes, and paint(well, i can paint, but i dont currently have the equipment), but at the time i didnt have the tools/space.

And as far as the 2 year old gift certificate, California law states that any gift certificate/card cannot expire(regardless of the expiration date printed on the card/certificate), so they better honor that s#it.[:M61]

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
They're part of America's PowerSports, so it's not suprising. The general managers of those shops have no ownership in the dealership and the owner is some corporation on the other side of the conuntry. All they care about is making their numbers to get their bonus, not customer satisfaction. Stick with the independent guys and you'll be a lot happier.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, just called House of Motorcycles again today, and they said they don't expect to get the gloves in until mid-november! Looks like i'll be going down there to get my money back. I'm just pissed they didn't tell me this when i ordered the damn gloves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.