Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid, stupid me. Racing down the highway to make it to my baseball game and my wallet slips out and goes flying in the air. I got off the next exit and circled back, but no sign of it. I actually pulled over and walked the shoulder of the 427 and found my license and bike insurance (plus the 15 cents in Canadian Tire money I had in it) but nothing of the actual wallet itself. Long story short, some asshole saw it fly out and actually stopped and picked up my wallet and used my credit cards within the hour.
Lesson Learned: Don't keep your wallet in your riding gear, store it away.

·
Registered
337 Posts
my buddy always puts his under his seat. I use a money clip that has a slot for my credit cards, license, etc. and it stays in my front pocket.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I have a fanny pack (I guess that's what it's called) which is leather with zippered pockets. I keep my wallet and cell phone and a few other things in there when I ride.

I don't have it around my waist though, I open the strap as far as it goes and wear it diagonally over one shoulder and under the other arm. Fits great under my jacket.

I never put stuff in my back pocket anyway.

When I did my colormatched undertail and modified the stock undertray I actually increased my under seat storage space. Fanny pack will fit in there nicely. I got plenty of room under there now if I go to the store and pick up a book, some CD's or DVD's etc.

Charlie, sorry you lost your wallet bro, and hope all goes well on getting the new credit cards, etc.

-Flash

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
keep my wallet with my info in my jeans. i keep my cell phone in my front jacket pocket. be sure to zip up the pocket though.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I zip it in my front pocket and check ever couple of sec. to make sure it there

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't ever look straight up with your visor cracked while on the highway. Damn visor will jerk right off your helmet.

--"Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed..."--

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thanks scoot...

I also keep mine in my front pocket of my jacket zipped up tight, or sometimes in my backpack that I wear to work everyday (change of clothes)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I always keep my wallet safely zipped away on one of the inside pockets of my jacket.
No way I'm losing it without someone reaching inside and taking it from my cold, dead body.

BC.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Screw the Jackets. God damn, I have my digital camera in my jacket zipped up and everything and I was on the 402 in Canada going around 250KM/h or so and the thing flew open (WTF?!) and my camera bailed and took one for the team. You ever seen plastic hit the ground at 250KM/h? It melts! Got me thinking about my skin...I rode at 100KM/h then after 30mins I went back up to 250KM/h.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's exactly what happened to me. I had it zipped up in the front pocket of my jacket and the zipper opened on me and out my wallet flew. I was only doing about 160 kph, so go figure I'm just unlucky ("it was a dodgy zip"). I'm now carrying my purse on me and putting it under my seat. I won't exactly blend in as one of the boys, but at least it won't happen again. [:M34]
Great, I can hear the cat-calls now "look, Blondie has a handbag".

·
Registered
178 Posts
I always wear my wallet in my back pocket. Unless I'm in my leathers of course. I've never had a problem.

But then again, I'm not one those young kids wearing jeans 13 sizes too big hanging off my a$$ and dragging on the ground. [:p]

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hesitate to put hard stuff like cell phones in my front pockets cuz I'm afraid that it may cause or aggravate any chest injury in a crash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.