Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
i think the ones that work on rotation (they automatically turn on when the wheel is spinning: centrifugal force) would work better than these that have to be manually twisted ON and OFF.

ill admit i thought about getting these, but i didnt know if it would attract more cops to the bike. i figure just about any color other than amber would be an illegal color to use...

which color did you get? 2 or 1?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've seen em too, but I opted for a pair of titanium valve stem caps that I scored from a freind in Portugal. I hope no one looks too closely those are gonna be my pride and joy!

·
Registered
44 Posts
where would you get the ones that turn on when you're moving? there's a state cop in my class at college, he's bringing me a list of all the laws that pertain to neon lights on a bike in my state, i'll find out exactly what i can do legally on monday...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have some of the fireflys (the ones that turn on automatically when they are shaken) I believe that you can get them from lockhart phillips. There are two different types though:plastic and billet aluminum. The plastic ones fall apart, the aluminum ones are more durable. I have the purple ones and from what I hear they arent illegal on bikes because they arent directly visible from the front or the rear. That is of course unless you purchase the red or blue ones! I havent been stopped yet, not even by the MP's at the base where i work (and they are usually sticklers for any minor law)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try looking in an auto parts store for them or at radio shack. I've seen them at radio shack. They are called TireFlys. Come in all different colors.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had my tirefly's on but was "strongly" advised to take them off. I had several fellas tell me that they have seen the fly's actually break-off the valve stem at high speeds. Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
OK, so you have to turn those on and off? I thought the movement activated them. I woldn't want to ahve to get down there and turn them on and off every time I got on and off the bike.

-Flash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.