Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am trying to buy a motorcycle from New Jersey but I live in New York. Does anyone know what the rules are regarding buying a motorcycle out of state? Would I have to pay extra for something like this?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I would suggest going to the DMV nearest to you and asking them.

Each state has different rules. For example, every time that a vehicle is sold to another person in the state of Iowa, you pay tax on that amount. Whereas in Arizona, you only pay tax on new vehicles, if I am not mistaken.

--David

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm pretty sure you just have to register it in NY and pay sales tax when you do. But like dwillits said, check w/ the dmv.

Are you buying from a private seller or a dealer?

·
Registered
463 Posts
The DMV here in VA requires you to provide proof that you paid taxes to the state in which you purchased the vehicle. After that I don't know. Just know that some guy from NY was having problems trying to get his vehicle registered one day I was at the DMV, of course, holding up the line!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
i bought a motorcycle in NJ two years ago and I am from NH. i paid 5,000 for the bike and a prep fee, and that was it. just register it in your state and you are set to go. there are no fees or taxes you have to pay.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i am guessing anywhere from 7,800-9,000. if you wait till the winter, or at least until the 07 models come out, u might even get a better price. i bought my 05 636 last year this time and got it for 7200 out the door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.