Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother (the dumbass that he is) let my buddy ride his bike and he wrecked it. It happen on a ride up to prescott my buddy was'nt hurt but the the bike is a total loss, nice bike to 05 zx6r full two brothers exhaust, power commander, carbon fiber fairings ect. I think what bums me out the most is that he's thinking of leaving the kawi fam, he likes the new Triumph daytona sweet bike but no kawi thats for sure[:M42]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Tell your brother to ask his buddy when he's planning to pay for the wrecked bike. That's what I'd do if someone trashed one of mine. And that's what I'd do if I trashed someone else's. If you can't pay, don't ride other people's bikes - bottom line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I let my best friend ride my bike once...having never ridden one. And he started it off and then I guess he forget everything we had been talking about for the last 30 minutes. Well he basically tried to stop the bike with his feet and he was wearing shorts (we were just in my driveway) and he burned the shit out of his leg on the exhaust. He didn't drop it or anything but his leg still looks like hell he has a mark the size of a pancake.

I haven't let anyone even start it since then.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Never had anyone wreck mine, but I put them on the "buddy" bike, asking if they understand fully, as I hand them the key, "You know the rules, it comes back better then it left and if you break it, YOU BUY IT! or don't even take it" It's written on a plague on the door of the shop. LOL and it just stunned me to see them just think, "Oh, h3ll, it ain't mine" and hammer the thing, right in front of me! and I always watch, if they screw up, short ride, bring it home and say "Sorry". I work hard for my toys!
but the buddy bike days are gone for me as well.
too bad I'm forced sell a few due to back injury.
but like the title says....
"Don't let anyone ride your bike"!

if they haven't done alot of riding, I'd put then on the 100 and have them follow me around in the field for days before they ever got to see the road on any my toys

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
No one looks at my bike, let alone rides it. I don't want some jack-ass raping her and then levaing me with my cock out to fix it myself...

My best friend got to sit on her once for about 5 seconds. That's the most I've let anyone do.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I used to let lots of people ride my bike(s). Then some douchebag crashed my 2003 R6, it was nice before that. Anyways, he gave me money for about half of the damage and I took the bike and cash and traded for what I have now, a 2003 6R.

My close friends, the ones that I have been riding with since I got a bike can ride mine, and I theirs, but nobody outside of that close circle of friends rides our stuff. When we go to the track, we will usually switch for a session or two, that is the most fun.

As for, "No one looks at my bike....blah blah blah." It's a motorcycle, not your wife. Yes, you can be protective of it, but it's plastic and metal. I guess I don't get too attached to things that you can buy and sell fairly cheap. There are a lot more important things in life.

--David

·
Registered
927 Posts
I defintely agree. I let my close riding buddies ride my bike, and thats because i know they can ride and, and i know they will fix any damages if they did get into a wreck. Other than that ill be damned if I let any other mofo clear daylight with her.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by dwillits
I used to let lots of people ride my bike(s). Then some douchebag crashed my 2003 R6, it was nice before that. Anyways, he gave me money for about half of the damage and I took the bike and cash and traded for what I have now, a 2003 6R.

My close friends, the ones that I have been riding with since I got a bike can ride mine, and I theirs, but nobody outside of that close circle of friends rides our stuff. When we go to the track, we will usually switch for a session or two, that is the most fun.

As for, "No one looks at my bike....blah blah blah." It's a motorcycle, not your wife. Yes, you can be protective of it, but it's plastic and metal. I guess I don't get too attached to things that you can buy and sell fairly cheap. There are a lot more important things in life.

--David
Sorry bro but no one touches it. Certain people I'd let ride (like some people from this forum) but only cause they know what they're doing.

I don't get people who let friends who have NEVER ridden a bike before to hop on theirs and ride. You're just askin for trouble with that shit.

I have friends who don't ride but love bikes. They ask me ALL the time if they can ride. The answer always is and always will be, fuck no.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have two friends that I have let ride my bike. The only two people that I know who are good riders and actually respect somebody else's shit. I know other people that are pretty decent riders but they're kinda crazy and it doesn't matter who's bike they're on. I know they wouldn't care and they would hammer it and leave me stuck with the bill and a sorry if something actually happened.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
You look with your eyes, not your hands. Nobody rides my bike or sits on it but me, wife and our daughter. I like my bike but like it has been pointed out, it's just plastic and metal, nothing more. I had a 94 Z28, 450 rwhp Camaro that I was anal about, watched that burn down on the side of the rode after blowing a fuel line after that, unless it's flesh and blood, it's just another toy. Besides, if you have insurance or the person riding it does...you get a new bike to mod out.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

Sorry bro but no one touches it. Certain people I'd let ride (like some people from this forum) but only cause they know what they're doing.

I don't get people who let friends who have NEVER ridden a bike before to hop on theirs and ride. You're just askin for trouble with that shit.

I have friends who don't ride but love bikes. They ask me ALL the time if they can ride. The answer always is and always will be, fuck no.

Dude, you throw your shit down the road every chance you get -- how much worse do you think your friends can hurt it?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by BrandonM7

Dude, you throw your shit down the road every chance you get -- how much worse do you think your friends can hurt it?
If one of my friends crashed my bike because he was goin 70mph in the forest twisties, I wouldn't be that pissed. If it was his first time riding and he could hold that shit for a while, I'd give him some props.

But it sounds like most of these ass-hats who have never ridden before crash the second they leave the driveway - if they even make it that far.

Plus it's my bike...when I crash her I get pissed but I learn from my mistakes. But I'll be damned if one of my non-riding friends puts me out of commission for weeks just because they wanted to ride.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I think that the comedy clip has more to do with the fact that people overuse that word. Also, it might hint at the notion that the people that use the word "bro" all the time have homosexual urges. Just a shot in the dark though, I didn't write the sketch.

--David

·
Registered
179 Posts
People that let other people ride their bikes-buddies or not-are crazy as hell. They're gonna rag the hell out of it as soon as they're out of sight. If it gets wrecked, even if it's insured, means you get diminished value for it, not to mention the hassle of dealing with insurance comapny. No thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

If one of my friends crashed my bike because he was goin 70mph in the forest twisties, I wouldn't be that pissed. If it was his first time riding and he could hold that shit for a while, I'd give him some props.

But it sounds like most of these ass-hats who have never ridden before crash the second they leave the driveway - if they even make it that far.

Plus it's my bike...when I crash her I get pissed but I learn from my mistakes. But I'll be damned if one of my non-riding friends puts me out of commission for weeks just because they wanted to ride.

I'm just busting your balls man - nobody rides mine, either. I've extended the offer to one person, but not directly, and he hasn't taken me up on it. A guy I used to work with, who now works with my dad. He's ridden since high school, and he's like 40 now. Used to race enduro and MX, has shitloads of trophies from that. That's the only person I know I'd trust with it right now. With a couple of people, I just wouldn't want them dropping my bike. But for the most part, I'm worried about the people - friends that have 50Hp bikes that weigh 600 lbs, I'm really worried that this thing would get away from them and they'd hurt themselves. And then when they got better I'd have to kick their ass and they'd be hurt again. That's just too much stress for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.