Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Ahhh, that stuff they tell you about belts ain't nothin, my cousin Cletus says he reckons that's good for another thousand miles at least. :D

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im gonna put my 207 from last year back on this week, just incase we get some more nice weather like this week. It still has a good ammount of tread left, I just replaced it because I got the new 208's last winter.

dtmsmurf, the tread is actually gone a good inch up the sides of the tires too, and not a chicken strip on either side, so I dont know how much better the sides are [8D] I learned a lot riding this year, and got my knee down on several occasions as well (this year was the fisrt time for me)

I do know it really is a slick right now, great traction in the dry, but none at all in the rain, I keep sliding the back end out whenever I give it any gas, hehe

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well now look at the bright side, when you get to go replace the tire, you can do a bad ass burn out for ever. Just get it on video.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
LOL...been there. Hope you have better luck than me. I dropped the bike off at the dealer at closing time so they could start installing the new tires first thing in the AM. I rode it into the shop, and they closed up. The next day when the mechanic went to work on the bike, the rear tire was competely flat. It looked pretty well identical to yours, the cords were showing big time. The ride into the dealer was a little greasy.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd love to DJ, but I'm broke [8D]
Damn college and, and just paid $3000 on my truck to fix the tranny, replace, radiator, battery, tires... arg!!!

We got some snow today, so I'm probobly done for the year, though the weekend shows sunday at 13 degrees..

I'll hopefully be able to buy a set at the spring show.
Those current 208's I got at the show last year, $400 for the set, no tax.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.