Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Opinions? Maybe the guy deserved the tickets but I would probably shit my pants if a random guy got out of a car and pointed a gun at me. And on top of that he's being charged with a felony?!?!?:confused: That's ridiculous and they're saying the charges are completely justified????:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is ridiculous and the fact that they want to charge him with a felony plus tack on a possible 5 yr jail sentence is frivolous.......1st of all the camera that was on top of the guys helmet was huge so the fact that the officer got out of his car and did not mention anything about shutting the camera off then trying to charge this guy is absurd. Also a competent person would assume that a camera mounted to a helmet by a person who's riding a motorcycle would be turned on.

The only other thing that I thought should have been done differently was the officer should have identified himself immediately, especially if he was unmarked.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Fuck the police.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
The only funny part is the original video that we all say he stated the guy with the gun wasn't the police.... turns out he was
I thought it was pretty well known that he was an off duty state cop?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I thought it was pretty well known that he was an off duty state cop?
Oh? You might be right, I just remember reading somewhere people thought the guy with the gun was not really police and how funny it was that the real cops showed up and were gonna bust the guy that pulled the gun since he wasn't a cop....

http://www.bikerpunks.com/mediaviewer/2527/idiot-pulls-a-gun-on-a-motorcyclist.html

That's the original video were people started saying he wasn't a cop... just one person but still :)

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I mean, from looking at the video at first you have no idea the guy is a cop. It really pisses me off that some of them are dumb enough to think they can just run around, gun in hand, yelling at people without even saying that they are a cop. I'm not one to advocate violence against cops, but if that stupid fucker gets his ass killed for doing something like that I would not be surprised. It's just stupid.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I mean, from looking at the video at first you have no idea the guy is a cop. It really pisses me off that some of them are dumb enough to think they can just run around, gun in hand, yelling at people without even saying that they are a cop. I'm not one to advocate violence against cops, but if that stupid fucker gets his ass killed for doing something like that I would not be surprised. It's just stupid.
true dat... now if you were iroman I would have pointed out every point I disagreed with because that's what I do :)

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
true dat... now if you were iroman I would have pointed out every point I disagreed with because that's what I do :)
Lol, ahh, he is just a grumpy old man.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Fuckin' Gestapo! It will probably get thrown out but cost a pile of coin. Here in Alabubba only 1 party has to know the conversation is recorded. So the POPO can record and you can not, doesn't seem fair or legal to me.:rolleyes:

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I normally side with police, but this is horseshit.

I hope that this guy and his attorney win whatever judgment they bring to court.

--Cobra

·
Registered
16 Posts
The cops record me when they pull me over so i should be allowed to record them for my own safety. This is ridiculous and this cop should be under investigation, you can't just drive around pulling the heater on people cause you are on a power trip..

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The officer is on public property, in public daylight. No reasonable expectation of privacy. By all technicalities, the Maryland law saying you can't record voices in public domain is unconstitutional. It is no different than being able to photograph them.

Plus, gun drawn?! And nothing to make him look like a statie? Why not throw the block but let the marked car and uniformed cops behind you do all the work?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts