Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about removing the passenger pegs to clean up the look on my 06 and my friends talked me out of it. I'm glad I listened. Today I dumped my bike in a sharp lefty and the left side of my bike slid on the passenger peg and frame slider. Had that not been there, my tail would have been toast. And to top it off, they made great handles when picking it up out of the ditch :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I left them on and im my crash the tail section didnt touch the ground either. The peg got scratched to shit but who cares. Im gonna leave them on till somebody comes up with a tailsection slider. Plus my grilfriend got mad at me when I got the seat cowl, so if she saw me take off the pegs then she would really think that I dont want to take her riding with me.....and shes right I really dont.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've thought about taking the rear pegs off several time and keep looking at them and talking myself out of it for just that reason, they would work great as sliders. Besides that, I take my daughter on rides and I wont be getting a seat cowl any time soon.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Agreed, mine fell over in the driveway (don't ask). Anyway the rear pegs saved the tail fairing...not a scratch. I replaced the passenger footpeg and that's all. Saved a lot of $.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally posted by Thunder
I was thinking about removing the passenger pegs to clean up the look on my 06 and my friends talked me out of it. I'm glad I listened. Today I dumped my bike in a sharp lefty and the left side of my bike slid on the passenger peg and frame slider. Had that not been there, my tail would have been toast. And to top it off, they made great handles when picking it up out of the ditch :)
Glad you're ok. Any damages to the bike?

·
Registered
191 Posts
mine are off... and yeah i droped mine in a corner.. tail section has some scuffs now.. but i like the no pegs and solo seat look.. sooo clean

·
Registered
240 Posts
I painted my rear pegs and bracket flat black. I was a little hesitant about the durability, but done with care they will last through many rides. Hell, I even painted my rearsets and all the pieces and i haven't scuffed them yet (500mi after the paint job). but i only painted them to hold me over until i buy nicer rearsets next month. I'll throw up some pics of them. i think it adds more to the look and apparantly to the safety of my rear end as well.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Originally posted by Thunder
.....and people always wondered why my friends and I ride with them not only on, but folded down.

--David

·
Registered
171 Posts
i powder coated mine flat black....best of both worlds...it cleans up the rear section so much and still serves as functional sliders. It is one of my favorite mods I have done to the bike, and it was cheap...30 bucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.