Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my weekly hooters bike night tonight, And as usual bikes were reving theres engines and zipping by doing wheelies. Well, just a word of advice...DONT
Tonight I see one kid doing a wheelie, coming up to a red light. Guess he thought red means go. so he crashed. Then not even 2 mins later a guy goes by sckitching, well he falls and his bike goes and hits a car.
These are EXACTLY the kind of reckless immature things that will cause our weekly tradition of bike night to dissapear before our eyes.
Moral of the story is.... Keep bike nights AND your skin, Dont showboat.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Every Tuesday is bike night at Hooters in Chattanooga and it's the same thing. Idiots going by on a four lane heavy traveled road doing high speed wheelies and all kinds of other stuff. It sucks cause when you get ready to leave cops are always following every one out to see if they can catch them doing something dumb.

Kinda ruins the fun of bike night.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Our Hooter's meet ups seem to be pretty calm. We usually have a good turn out, and everyone seems to have their head in the right place. Of course there are a few exceptions but not often...

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
"It sucks cause when you get ready to leave cops are always following every one out to see if they can catch them doing something dumb.

Kinda ruins the fun of bike night."
If you don't do anything dumb then you shouldn't worry about cops following you out then, right?

I don't think this type of behavior will ever stop. What would be the purpose of bike night anyway if people didn't show off? I'm sorta playing devil's advocate here but it's the truth. Maybe you should get a group together of "non show offs" and go to another place. or do you want to take the cops' side and not allow them to do stunts?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Don't get me wrong... My front wheel stays in the air quite often but not on main hwys or interstates. That's just stupid. And i'm not worried about a cop following me it just sucks to have one ride your ass looking for a reason to pull you over.

I love watching guys stunt their bikes, but in parking lots, what ever as long as it's away from traffic i don't care. But when your cruisin at 80+ on the freeway and some idiot pulls up next to you on his squid mobile doing 100+ mph wheelies in heavy traffic it gives us a bad name.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Unfortunately our Hooters bike night has come to an end with this weather....:(

Sad to see it go....

but on topic, Hooters Bike Night o Wayne, NJ is relatively calm.....a few burnouts from time to time, one or two wheelies....

maybe if the guys showboated a little more the Hooters would attract some better lookin' waitresses...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL yeah Hooters has never really been known to have actual "hot" women. And their food is even less hot!

I dont mind people doing 100+MPH wheelies or an occasional stunt. But when you do it at a bike night and something goes wrong you can mess up the entire event for good. The police have an unofficial look the other way policy at these events in south florida. (NOT the, give everyone a ticket crap like at Daytona) But when people start being dumb and get hurt, hurt others, or crash into peoples cars then that look the other way policy will become a hunt 'em down policy. I enjoy the current flexability and respect the the local Police have shown towrds riders at these events. What ever happened to common sense.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. Only takes a couple of dumbasses to get hurt to ruin it for everyone else.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
its hard not to. At the local strip here its all i can do not to stand up one and go past the cruisers LOL but i cant get anymore tickets so i dont plus thats pretty dumb for all the cars. People watching does add extra pressure. u dont want to look like a dumbass and not get the wheelie up so u just give it that LITTLE more and ended up wrecking.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
As usual, no matter what the activity, it is usually the actions of the few that wreck/nuin it for the many. High speed wheelies or skitching is not a good idea in town around traffic anyway, bike night or no bike night.

We soon should be getting a Hooters in Dublin, California. I went to the Hooters in S.F. and i will 2nd that above notion that the food sucked and the women were not that good looking. Hopefully the Dublin one will be better.

Here's to hoping they have a bike night!

Three days ago it was 94 degrees here, today it's in the 50ies.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I believe to stunt only when I feel like it. Most poeple I have known to wreck is when someone asks them to do a trick.

damn 'm dreunk

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I did a burnout for the first time on friday.. I rode to school for the last time this season, and coming hope I was sitting at a 4way stop behind several cars. There was a grade school at this intersection and 30 or so kids came running upto the fence screaming for me to do a burnout or a wheelie/catwalk.

Well Im not gonna try to pull a catwalk near kids, so I did a little burnout for em. Then I remembered by rear tire is already so bald the while belts are showing through 1/3 of the way around the tire, so I stopped, hehe. Stupid thing to do but the kids loved it. (And they were safely stuck behind a fence on the other side of the road from me, so i felt safe doing so)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.