Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another link to testimony from someone who now wishes they had been wearing full riding gear. I thought this guy tells a good story in pics without "preaching". At least he was wearing his helmet.

Some of you are saying "Geeeeez I get sick of all these testimonies" and some are saying "See, that's what I'm talkin' about". For those of you in the former group, maybe time to stop and think there's a REASON so many testimonies exist?

Warning: Some of the images may offend some viewers...

Click here for the link

·
Registered
180 Posts
Saw that site a month or so ago...more testament to gear.

My real life experience

Had a guy in my local club who was wearing gear (Sidi's, jeans, Leather jacket, gloves, lid) go down at about 100. Set a wheelie down on his 12 and the inevitable tankslapper pitch him down the road and into the open desert...he woulda been fine if he had had the jacket zipped to the pants...Had rash about 5 inches high all the way around his lower back and sides. Through the jeans on one thigh and calf. Everything above the jacket was fine. Even good gear isn't the best. Visited the guy in the hospital shortly after. Sick stuff

Zipped together or 1 piece is still better than jeans IMO.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good post DJ! You know what they say: "Dress for the crash, not for the ride!"

A riding jacket sure is cheaper than a skin graph and all the pain that comes with it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
That was a great post, you can really see the effects of not wearing the proper gear. What got me the most was the hand picture! Thank god, I just purchased some new better quality astar gloves!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.