Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard that on a nice sunny day the sun can get through the double bubble and put a burn in your speedo gauges?? Just curious just got a DB and am worried about burning my speedo guages in the summer

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
only bike i have ever heard of this happening on was the RC51 Honda.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a dark smoke so i dont know if i will have that issue. Im trying to find out what kind of DB i have. Was supposed to be a PUIG but really dont think it is heres a picture in a minute.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
one guy started a thread a while back about a meltec tach. i don't remember much about it. you should be able to find it under a search

p.s. i have a dark smoked DB and have never had any problems. it gets hot/bright as fuck here in the summers too

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine is a dark smoke so i dont know if i will have that issue. Im trying to find out what kind of DB i have. Was supposed to be a PUIG but really dont think it is heres a picture in a minute.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you are that worried, just try your best to park it where the sun is glaring through the sheild on the tach.

I forgot to add, I have the Puig dark smoke DB as well.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
what type is this you think supposed to be puig but i dont think so...

If these even help justify anything.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
what type is this you think supposed to be puig but i dont think so...

If these even help justify anything.
I've used my Puig DB dark smoke for over a year now and I've had no issues with heat/melting. The ones above look like some generic ones I've seen on Ebay.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
maybe hotbodies?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think it looks alright got a good deal on it but thought was a puig what i wanted.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The Double bubble you have pictured is pictured isn't a Puig dubble bubble. Looks like it may-be a Sporttech??? or something along those lines. It just lacking in quality, but it shouldn't hurt your gauges. I know the MRA and the OEM windscreens have the bottom darkened to protect the gauges and wiring, for that very reason.

(I use MRA windscreens - Not for the win, but beacuse they survive wreck after wreck. -LOL)

·
Registered
718 Posts
The Double bubble you have pictured is pictured isn't a Puig dubble bubble. Looks like it may-be a Sporttech??? or something along those lines. It just lacking in quality, but it shouldn't hurt your gauges. I know the MRA and the OEM windscreens have the bottom darkened to protect the gauges and wiring, for that very reason.

(I use MRA windscreens - Not for the win, but beacuse they survive wreck after wreck. -LOL)

I wanted an MRA screen, but I got my screen for Christmas about 2 years ago, and free is a good price for me!

OT, but I see you're in Chandler. A friend and I are trailering our bikes to the Phoenix area this weekend. . . if ya can would you PM me a few good roads to ride?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
figured it wasnt a puig. Oh well i guess it looks alright bikes away for winter so i guess it can wait till summer for a new screen maybe.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've seen it happen on CBRs too. Puigs can cause it from what I've seen and it's because of the the edge of the bubble portion of the screen, and when parked with the sun to the back of the bike, the lip acts as a magnifying glass almost and melts a portion of the tach/speedo.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I wanted an MRA screen, but I got my screen for Christmas about 2 years ago, and free is a good price for me!

OT, but I see you're in Chandler. A friend and I are trailering our bikes to the Phoenix area this weekend. . . if ya can would you PM me a few good roads to ride?
Sure thing!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I rode my bike down to the taco shop once. I had a burrito and a large coke. it was pretty good. anyways I came out and my bike was on fire... I gonna guess it was because my DIY DB cought the rear seat on fire...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hahahaha thats awesome haha

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
it's an ebay bubble. I have one, works great...a little heavy but much taller then puig and sportech

1 - 20 of 25 Posts