Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I need to see some piks for 04 zx10's with double bubbles. Preferably puig or zero gravity screens.

Also, are any of you guys using 'black' screens and do you need to see through them at all?

And finally, lol, do you find there is a big difference over the stock screen than a double bubble?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just put a Puig light smoke on my '04 10R and it is quite a bit of height over the stock. Seems to make a difference in the buffeting at higher speeds. I like the look of the light smoke much better than the dark. Got the ZX-10R badging which is nice.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The screen will cut down on a lot of helmet turbulance at high speed also. If you've ever gotten blurry vision cause of that, you'll know that's a good thing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i got a db, and darkest i can get, you never look through it. try and tuck you head all the way down and then look through it, you wouldnt be in that position all the time if not ever.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chaparral. Under Puig Race Screens part number for the one I got (smoke) is 320-3061 to fit ZX-10R, '04-'05. Race screen is what Puig calls a "double bubble".

·
Registered
663 Posts
Couple pics, i've got the db dark smoke. Looks good & its about 1.5 inches higher & deflects the wind up just a bit more...much better then stock! Highly recommend the mod. As u can see i got the windscreen b4 a pipe!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@wash23 - thanks, i checked that out and I think that is what i'll get

@joe789 - Hey you ever have any problems with those smoked out signals in canada?

also, a little off topic here but I noticed that when i take my hands of the bars the front end starts to shimmy a little bit. Anyone else have this? I find that if i just touch them they settle down right away. I'm wondering if the previous owner set up the damping rebound different. I'd like the stock settings on the front end if someone could send that to me so i can reset them ( no manual ).

Thanks for you info everyone

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nope no problems, the bulb is yellow & thats what u see after dark.

As for the vibration, u probably just need a damper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
also, a little off topic here but I noticed that when i take my hands of the bars the front end starts to shimmy a little bit. Anyone else have this? I find that if i just touch them they settle down right away. I'm wondering if the previous owner set up the damping rebound different. I'd like the stock settings on the front end if someone could send that to me so i can reset them ( no manual ).

I seriously doubt that suspension settings are causing this but I got some recommendations by doing a google search which brought up sportrider.com. Settings they give are similar to manual. Don't think I would try to solve your problem with a damper. I tend to agree with Jasedawg27. New tire, if that fixes, then damper.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by JaseDawg27
i'd say your front tire is wore some :)
mine did that a little and my suspension is set up nice. also this is with a brand new set of tires.

have since gotten a gpr damper and that doesn't happen at all anymore even set all the way at low. it wasn't even noticeable though unless you looked down at the bars. then I would touch them and it went away. certain rpms with no hands may act different or maybe I imagine it but it was always the same on all my other bikes too.[:M74]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.