Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching and couldn't come up with answers. Been riding for 4 months and would like to start doubling the "better half" lol. Any tips so I don't kill us both?

·
Registered
863 Posts
just make sure to have her lean with you, this includes leaning into acceleration or braking. tell her to hold on nice and tight :D and take it easy till you can get the hang of it. The steering is a bit squirrely and the front end can come up quite easily with that extra weight on the back. also, make sure she's sober. I had trouble getting one home cause she was a bit tipsy but got home safely

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Originally posted by Bigbadbrad67
just make sure to have her lean with you, this includes leaning into acceleration or braking. tell her to hold on nice and tight :D and take it easy till you can get the hang of it. The steering is a bit squirrely and the front end can come up quite easily with that extra weight on the back. also, make sure she's sober. I had trouble getting one home cause she was a bit tipsy but got home safely
+1.

whenever i take someone on their first ride, i always tell them that they need to lean with me, lean with me or curbs will become troublesome. also, tell them that if they wish to move around at all, just to do it slowly and not while turning.

just give yourself more room to stop and maneuvre, take it slow at first and im sure you'll get the hang of it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
personally, when riding 1 up i tend to just put my left foot down at red lights, and keep my right on the rear brake to give my throttle hand a rest. when riding 2 up youll need the balance of both feet

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Broken
personally, when riding 1 up i tend to just put my left foot down at red lights, and keep my right on the rear brake to give my throttle hand a rest. when riding 2 up youll need the balance of both feet
this is a must. Your passenger shifts her butt just a little your picking the bike up off the ground befor you know it.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Sorry to hear about your split, but you should still know this stuff.
I've posted this before, but it looks like it's time to do so again:

When riding with a passenger, remember; you are in control, but she is in charge - don't ride in a way that will turn her off from bikes forever. Work out some signals for her to let you know if she has to stop for something, or if you're exceeding her comfort zone. No stunting, no kneedragging, no aggressive stuff through traffic.

Having said that, here's HER part (the order is not important - they're ALL requirements):

1 - The pipe is hot! (Point it out to her so she doesn't touch it by accident or rest her boot on it).

2 - Her feet stay ON the passenger pegs at all times. She NEVER takes them off while on the bike, even stopped at a long light.

3 - She mounts/dismounts ONLY after you ok it, so you're ready.

4 - The pipe is HOT.

5 - No squirming, wiggling, standing up. Any movement on her part affects the bike, at any speed or even stopped.

6 - Her body remains close to and in line with yours; she should not lean any more or less than you do.

7 - If she wants to look past you, she should do it by shifting her head (only) over your INSIDE shoulder if you're on a curve.

8 - FULL GEAR for both of you!

9 - THE PIPE IS HOT!!!!

10 - She holds onto the grab handles or you at all times - around your waist, NOT your shoulders. One hand can go around to press on the tank while decelerating if she prefers... otherwise, explain that boob-jam and/or helmets bumping will occur.

You should cover these things BEFORE she gets on the bike, so there are no distractions or misunderstandings.

That's pretty much it... oh... did I mention that the pipe is hot???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.