Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it may be time to freshin up the ole ninja. . I had trouble keeping up with an 05 mustang gt today, i raced him from a 20 roll and we went to 140mph, but i only had him by about 2 bike lenghts. It has 152,000 on it now, i put in new main and rod bearings at 80,000, but have never done the top end. Should i do just the top end now, or rebuild the whole engine? The bike runs perfect and always had, doesnt smoke orburn a drop of oil. Give me some opinions..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That wld be nice, but im assuming that wld require a stroker crank, and i have never seen one offered for these bikes?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Maybe it was just a bad ass mustang that gave you a good run. Trust me,it happens.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Leave the bike alone. Don't fix what's not broken.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the opinions guys, ill prbly just leave the bike alone. Im just starting to be a lil scared to run the bike hard. Which kinda takes the fun out of it lol..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am neither nubx, but apparently your a smartass. What is so wrong with being a little worried about blowing the bike up. That is alot of miles for a sport bike that has seen alot of track time.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I've got around 50,000 miles on my J and I will run this motor until it quits. Since I have two bike, even if this happens, I'll still be abke to ride. I don't foresee this happening for a very long time though. I'm still on the original clutch and even the original fuel filter.

I say run your bike how you like. If it quits on you, then you have an excuse to spruce it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts