Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Narrowed my bolt on choices down to 3. Need some specific help. My order and why or why not.
1. Leo vince gp pro
Why- love the shape and it's unique. Simple yet very cool with the visible welded sections.
Why not- I seem to be the only one to like it. May wear quickly on me.

2. Hotbodies mgp growler
Why- Price is awesome and like the raspy sound in you tube vids.
Why not- is this can cheaply made? Does this can come with the plate for the servo that all others come with?

3. Yosh ss rs4.
Why- I've had yosh before and loved sound and quality. Looks cool
Why not- I've had yosh alot and would like something different.

I'm leaning towards leo vince gp pro but the mgp growler is growing on me by the day. It seems it's well liked too. Push me to one please.
Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would go the Hotbodies MGP Growler! I have one myself and been very happy with it!
Small, light, simple without looking boring, easy to install, well made and sounds great! And I think it would be a cheaper option that both the other Yoshi and Leo you have listed here. Both the Leo and Yoshi to me are too weird designs.. they just don't look right..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Slip on or full exhuast on these bikes the high/mid mount normal style sounds excellent, very high quality clean sounds, plenty loud. I get compliments on my full akra all the time(normal mid mount). I had a shorty and loved the raspy mean sound but it can wear on you a bit on longer rides and in my neighborhood I always felt like a dick coming home late or early. Good thing about it, your not really locked in. Get one you think you will like slip it on and try it out, if you don't like it sell it and get something else. OR if you just get bored of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the-spanner- that's why i like the gp pro because it's so different. Does the kit come with a servo plate like the others?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just make sure whatever you get eliminates the pre-chamber, otherwise you may not be as satisfied with the sound you'll get. Good luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
the-spanner- that's why i like the gp pro because it's so different. Does the kit come with a servo plate like the others?
I guess after the mgp I would chose the gp pro.. I have seen something similar (possibly the same brand..?) on a gsxr1000 and they don't look so bad..

Servo plate? I presume you are talking about the removal of the stock exhaust flapper valve thing? In that case no it doesn't come with that..

Just make sure whatever you get eliminates the pre-chamber, otherwise you may not be as satisfied with the sound you'll get. Good luck!
Also.. I bought a pinebox (pre-chamber eliminator) link pipe but later re-fitted the pre-chamber back on as the bike became too loud and barky without it..
I rather like the sound the mgp makes with the pre-chamber still in place! Still loud enough with a nice clean sporty exhaust note!
My mates bike is the same model and he bought a full Akrapovic titanium system which he sold off and put back the stock headers, pre-chamber and a mgp
cos he liked the sound of my bike so much!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I say none of these.. For and exhaust, I would never put a Hotbodies product on my bike. I believe in the old saying "You get what you pay for". The LeoV is gonna be excellent quality but like you said, it's an odd design. And the yoshi with the pre-chamber.. is going to sound like stock, not much a difference.

Have you looked in the M4 SS Slipon? Not the GP, the normal mounted exhaust, I have one on my bike and absolutely love it, to me it's the perfect sound for an inline 4, and get compliments on the exhaust every time i take the bike out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jrb1190- i'm only looking for a better more crisper exhaust note. Not necessarily louder. Your thoughts on the mgp growler are what has me hesitant. It sounds good though.
I am leaning to the leo gp pro still. Will order tomorrow morning whateve i decide. On Leo's site the gp pro sounds awesome and very crisp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
MGP GROWLER AND THE PINEBOX LINK PIPE, perfect! If you want the ultimate look and sound it has to be Racefit! Two Bro is TOOOOO loud (I have had it) and it looks shit as well. M4 is also too loud and also looks shit.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Have you checked out the Scorpion GP series. Looks kind of like the HB, but I think much better quality and they have a lifetime warranty.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alias-yes i have but that bolt on is $700 from scorpion. They also have a powercone pipe but has a clamp instead of a spring that i don't like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts