Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is all the dam tires I go through doing it!

/ranton
Splitting lanes means I have to ride in the area between the tread marks, and is where all the shit that falls off people's cages collects and then punctures my tires. [:M63][:M63]

Yesterday yet ANOTHER perfectly good and nicely scrubbed in Pilot Power went to the grave because stupid mofo's cant keep shit secured properly in their vehicles on the freeway. Back to fuckin Cycle Gear I went. My wallet gets lighter and I get pissed as hell. :(
/rantoff

Anyone else have as much trouble with flats as this? Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Yeah, lane splitting sucks, you should just stay in traffic, specially that Los Angeles traffic and let your engine overheat...

·
Registered
399 Posts
lol i can see your aggrevation in your writing. any way same shit happened to my bro.....we went riding one night and the next day im at work and he calls me and says "hey that fuckin ride cost me 200 dollars i had to pull out a piece of metal from my flat tyre"

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
tire warranties are your friend, already got me one free Pilot Power, and I'm sure due to natural sharp objects in the road, I'll be receiving many more:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I had the warranty dam skippy, but the pro-rate wasnt that great this time, as the tire was the same one I wrecked on last May. Last time I had a flat within 1 week and the tire was replaced free of charge, but every bit helps.

Nonetheless I have to take the back wheel off to do it. Pain in the ass, then I have to break it in again.[xx(]

I wish they would add a 'motorcycles only' lane thats about 1/2 the width of a normal lane. That'd be the shit.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Originally posted by tweakmon

I wish they would add a 'motorcycles only' lane thats about 1/2 the width of a normal lane. That'd be the shit.
Then you would have a bunch of slow ass harleys and such jamming up the bike lane!:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe so, but I might be able to keep a tire long enough to wear it out for a change.

All I can say is thank god for Cycle Gear's hazzard warranty.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
dude, if you do that much traffic/ commute riding, why dont you just plug and patch your tires? you dont need a new tire every time you get a puncture. and if you like to ride hard and do track days etc get a spare set of wheels with good rubber on them. just a thought.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I used to split lanes, ride back alleys and generally run outside the normal path of car tires. As a result I had four nails in one year. One the same day I got the new tire on. I also had a set of tracks I had to cross to get to work, that caused two of the flats I think.

So changed job (other reasons), stopped riding in alleys and stuff, and voila!

Almost 9k on the same set.
Never done this before.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hit the canyons pretty hard when I can. I will not risk a patched tire.

I am working on a new positioning plan. We'll see how it goes.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Lane splitting is not legit here (or in any other state but CA), so I can't relate. But there's enough crap on the lanes to give us all this headache at one time or another...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.