Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new ZX-6R 4 weeks ago for a steal. Now i have to store it 'cause it's freezing outside! Managed to get in 2000 kms.

Anyways, i was at the dealership when i met a couple of the designers from VFX. They told me about this new taillight kit for the bike. I figured whatever...but then i saw it in action!!!

Long story short, i bought one and just installed it last week. This thing is crazy. I love the bat animation. When you're riding you can run the animation. They have other crazy animations too.

I also love the blue led's. They toggle on/off by pressing the brake 3 times.

I wanted to thank the guys from VFX and give them a shout out.

here's the link to the site http://www.vfxkits.com/pr_6r.html

marco

·
Registered
331 Posts
wow. it finally came out -- so i guess youre happy with it. ive been waiting to see what this piece would do. good find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm glad i got this puppy. i'm rubbing it into all the other guys i ride with...they're really jealous.

It's been a week since i got it and i'm still playing with it. They have this amazing RIP thing. it allows you to program the thing for all kinds of animations.

All i can say is that the designers at VFX are top notch.

marco

·
Registered
364 Posts
I ordered mine two days ago. it really looks nice, cant wait. How did the installation go? did you put the board in or did you buy light already with board in it? i bought the plug&play version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the plug'n play thing. Took me about 45 min to put in. the maunal is insane, it's full of pictures so you can't go wrong.

I sent them my taillight, but i think they have this hotswap exchange thing too.

marco

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm getting this done to my taillight over the winter break. I've been in contact with VFX for over a couple of months now, and they've finally got it done. Well worth the wait in my opinion.

·
Registered
534 Posts
hah..this bike is taking my money away from me. I just inquired on the dr.x kit...hopefully they will get a hold of me to make my order asap. the demo on their site is awsome!

update! I just ordered mines..it will get here in 5-7 days, its being shipped on tuesday.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The guy that I talked to over the phone said it was released 4 weeks ago. I should have mines by the end of next week!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Wo, if I'm understanding your question correctly I would say yes... depending on how you wire in everything.

The undertail's signals would have to be wired in on the INPUT side of the Dr.X Kit unit which as I understand controls each individual LED in your tail light. Keep in mind that you'd have the orange turn signals operating for hazards, and left/right signalling whether the VFX kit is turned off or not.

I think it'd be a great idea to utilize both!! [:M88] ....May be safer too as some may be distracted all that tail light action. ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by BSHAP
Wo, if I'm understanding your question correctly I would say yes... depending on how you wire in everything.

The undertail's signals would have to be wired in on the INPUT side of the Dr.X Kit unit which as I understand controls each individual LED in your tail light. Keep in mind that you'd have the orange turn signals operating for hazards, and left/right signalling whether the VFX kit is turned off or not.

I think it'd be a great idea to utilize both!! [:M88] ....May be safer too as some may be distracted all that tail light action. ;)
Mmm, I see. Yes it should be safer to use since people aren't meant to understand VFX Kit's strange signals :D. But it's still quite expensive, so I'd rather go for undertail first.
Then we'll see.

Thanks for help [:M86]

·
Registered
534 Posts
well..if you wait a bit for the hightechspeed LED tail-light...it would cost the same as that hotbodies undertail.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Erm, yep. I prefer hotbodies' undertail tbh (orange turn signals are safer). Plus, the only thing I really would like off DrX Kit's is 2 blue leds ON when I ride by night.. :) But I can install that myself, without drx kit. [:M58]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen the hightechspeed and the Dr X kits on the R1 and there's no comparison. The DR X blows it away. I'm still plying with mine and changing the animations everyday. Also VFX has the plug and play thing so there's no cutting involved.

Next project....hindle highmount. Anybody dyno their bike with the hindle?

marco

·
Registered
534 Posts
doesnt the hts R1 light have more visual functions than the Dr.X? It looks that way.[?][:0]
hightechspeed.com

Choose from 18 turn signal patterns (plus stock)
Choose from 17 brake patterns (plus stock)
Choose from 16 running light patterns (plus stock)
How much does the VFX kit have?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.