Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend that i met riding informed me of a "test and tune" drag event that was happening. He has a 3rd gen zx10r / his friend had a GSXR1300 busa/ another kid had a voilated BMW s1000rr/ a straight drag bike/ and two others on zx12s... so the turn out was small, we got about 5runs total, i stayed for 4 of them, i lost every time- so the loser is me on every time ticket.

1st pass 636 vs zx10r(11.4987 @ 117.80MPH) I had a good reaction time, and i thought for a few seconds i would beat my buddy on the zx10r, this was both frightening and thrilling at the same time...frightening because i know the rider on the 10r well, and if he didnt beat me, either he messed up, or crashed:confused:. at the very end of the 1st run he passes me....

after 1st run, i notice a piece of safety wire/ or a staple in my rear tire...wonderful!

2nd pass 636 vs straight drag bike(kinda ratted out)([email protected] 118.76MPH) better top speed, slower time...this run i did a monster wheelie off the start...bout sharted myself

3rd pass 636 vs zx12r(11.8512 @108.67MPH) hit Neutral in his run....felt bad for the sex dirty sex...

4th pass 636 vs zx10r (11.4900 @ 117.83) best run of the night, but still ironic that my reaction time got worse as the night progressed.

notes to be considered:
2006 zx6r (636cc) w/ full titanium exhaust/PCIII/K&N
Jumper mod
servo buddy
Michelin Q2s front & rear @ 35PSI
stock gearing
loosened rear brake drag
attack rearsets + passenger rearsets
17lb stunt cage
1st drag experience
140lb rider(geared)-operating on Gatorade, an ice-cream sandwich, and a three dollar hamburger

the PDF file limit is too low to upload my slips

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Congrats on getting to the drag strip! It is a lot harder than it looks. There are some good tips in the drag racing section of this forum if you are looking to go back to the strip and try it again.

Quick question for you. Was it really hot and muggy when you were running your bike? The reason that I ask is that the MPH is really low especially considering that you are a relatively light rider and the mods that you have listed.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
it looks like you the zx6 had a jump on you ,unless they handy capped the run because of his lower displacement, good control , I can't imagine taking off wot on a modified 1000 SS

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on getting to the drag strip! It is a lot harder than it looks. There are some good tips in the drag racing section of this forum if you are looking to go back to the strip and try it again.

Quick question for you. Was it really hot and muggy when you were running your bike? The reason that I ask is that the MPH is really low especially considering that you are a relatively light rider and the mods that you have listed.
im on the 6dirty6 @140lbs geared
my friend is on the green zx10r @~150/5 geared (this is the camera used)

it did rain while we were there, and it was muggy

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it looks like you the zx6 had a jump on you ,unless they handy capped the run because of his lower displacement, good control , I can't imagine taking off wot on a modified 1000 SS
im on the 636....

the zx10r rider did have a sloppy start, probably messed his pants a tad.

if you read my write up, you would notice the first run, i (636) almost beat my buddy on the zx10r...
from my point of view, i didn't see him until the very last second or two

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im not posting this to say My stick is bigger .. but more for your motivation.

Me (Im 175 suited ) on my 06 636 swb went 9.60s @127 All motor

I then set it up with a nice chromoly race arm and other odds and ends and went 5.89 in the 8th mile @123 with a 139 60ft. I was spraying a 40 shot . Never got back to the 1/4 with it.
They make great drag bikes and are a great bike to learn on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts