Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have always been curious what my lil 250 runs in the 1/4 especially since my bro-in-law keeps saying he can take me on it.
his car:
A 1995 civic hatchback, with mods
---intake, headers, short shifter, stripped down to just the driver seat and dashborad, rear air defusers, tower bars and shit like that

so Famoso drag strip is having a trackday on nov. 08 and 09 so me planning on going but i just have a few question about me running that day......any further advice will be greatly appreciated ( i will try to post vids of the runs)

THe Bike is a 2008 250r with the only mod been a slip on exhuast
1..do i really need to burn out my tires ( as to warm them up ) in order to get a better grip on the track??
2.What is the best rpm range to launch at??
3. now this one might be a dumb questions but.....when i shift from 1to 2nd and on do i go clutchless??( if that is even possible)
4.Do i really have a chance to beat him ???

Reactions: ScraitT

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
1..do i really need to burn out my tires ( as to warm them up ) in order to get a better grip on the track??
:Laughing rolling: If you can spin your tires EVEN with all the trac-bite on the ground with a 250... Then you have a lot more than a slip-on. So No burnout needed

If it's a "Test and tune" session do a pass or two to 'feel it out'. I'd say probably around 6-8k (depends on how it's sprocketed). Try to launch it so the front comes up JUST a little.

3. now this one might be a dumb questions but.....when i shift from 1to 2nd and on do i go clutchless??( if that is even possible)
Do it with the clutch. It's really easy to not make it into second with clutchless shifting.

You gave a really generic description of his hatch. Do you have ANY clue what time slips he's clicking off? I'm leaning towards no though :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would say if you can drive the 250 then yes, you can take him, I think stock 08s run 14s in the 1/4, mid 14s I believe, I drive a 86 5.0L, 98% stock which runs mid 14s and can beat on N/A civics without a hitch, sad really....

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:Laughing rolling: If you can spin your tires EVEN with all the trac-bite on the ground with a 250... Then you have a lot more than a slip-on. So No burnout needed

If it's a "Test and tune" session do a pass or two to 'feel it out'. I'd say probably around 6-8k (depends on how it's sprocketed). Try to launch it so the front comes up JUST a little.

Do it with the clutch. It's really easy to not make it into second with clutchless shifting.

You gave a really generic description of his hatch. Do you have ANY clue what time slips he's clicking off? I'm leaning towards no though :D
1it might be surprising but i have been able to do a burnout on the 250, i just need to break the tire's grip a bit
2.i have done a coupl eof practice luanch in an empty lot by my house and that the rpm range i was thinking about
3.awesome info ..thanks( i never tried it soo i wasnt sure)
i tried not to be too generic but here is what he has in
"mods"
short shifter
k&n short ram inatke
Dc headers( 4-2-1)
Smaller lighter pulley
tower bar(?)
rear suspension upgrade...not really sure but i do know that he put new bar on the bottom and 2bars in the inside of the car
" weight reduction"
removed backseat
removed passenger seat
removed carpet( if that even makes a diff.)
"extra stuff that makes his car faster than my bike according to him (lol)"...dont ask me how he came up with his reason of how this stuff makes his car faster
--optima battery ( 6- cell red top)
--opiston cleaner added to his last oil change
--it's a "SI"
--his car is stick shift

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p.s. -that laughing smiley hurt me feelin bro.lol
hey are you planning to go to the strip on nov.8 and 9th??

·
Registered
233 Posts
I honestly think you wouldn't have a problem, unless like other have said he has serious engine mods or an engine swap. But form what you listed, he has no real power gains to the engine aside from the maybe extra 5ish hp he got from everything. The best thing he probably did which would be the only thing in my opinion to give him an advantage is all the weight reduction, but I still don't think it would help.

I looked it up real quick for fun, and a 95 civic si stock is listed as doing 0-60 in 7.5 seconds. A 1992 stock civic si (same engine) is listed as a 16.4 quartermile. And even a 1999 civic si is only listed at 15.7.

The 250R from what I remember is listed around 5.7 for the 0-60 and mid 14s quarter?

I really don't think he stands a chance.

Rep+ for taking it to the track. Post the results and slips.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can't quote sources but I've read and my experience on my 2008 250 suggests mid 15's is more likely on the Ninjette. In any case I'd like to hear of the results.
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts