Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a quote from the new Rider mag that just came out.

Be careful if you're planning on riding any of the popular motorcycling roads in Tennessee and North Carolina this summer. Operation Dragon 2006 is a combined effort by two states' highway patrols to crack down on "unsafe" riding and driving, especially on weekends on U.S. 129, aka The Dragon, from Deal's Gap to Tabcat Bridge. North Carolina troopers will also be assigned to Cherohala Skyway linking Robbinsville to Tellico Plains. Marked and unmarked cars, motorcycles and aircraft will all be used in the effort, which is expected to run though the fall.

So you guys keep your eyes open if you plan to go for a ride on The Dragon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi there! I see you're new here, WELCOME [:I] Do you know if this Rider mag has a website where that info might be posted? I'd like to share it with a women's forum I belong to (there was lots of talk about a Deal's Gap ride). In any event, thanks for sharing![:M96]

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Its not really anything new, I read about it earlier this year. The mag just probably picked up the story. Go to www.tailofthedragon.com. Its a good place for info. Some other sites are www.killboy.com and www.dealsgap.com. If you have never been, its definetely worth the trip. Just don't be too crazy and keep your eyes out for the cops and you shouldn't get in too much trouble. Look for other riders tapping their helmet with their hand, its the sign for cops up ahead. And if you see a speed trap, warn others. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.