Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two guys from work and i all got driving awards and not for speeding. passing in a double yellow line. we were trying to get around some horrilby slow cagers doing atleast 10 shy of limit and even slower in turns. oh well hope i get the lawyer to get it dimissed or differed.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
That sucks man. I've had people try to run me off the road in the twisties when I try to pass them. The speed limit on almost all the backroads I ride is 55mph, and cagers are lucky to go 35. They're pretty twisty roads :D. When I went to Deal's Gap for the first time this year, we got about a mile into the road, and got stuck behind some cars. You know what cars do there when bikes get behind them? They pull over and let you pass!!!!! Wish some people around here would do the same.

·
Registered
934 Posts
What was the charge? Last I checked here in Canada passing on a double yellow is not against the law, it's just frowned upon and the only thing we may be charged with is making an unsafe pass. (i.e.; IF you ran someone off the road.) ...That's directly from what my driving instructor had taught, (I didn't believe it when I first heard it and I'll never forget it.) but fight the ticket all the way!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
People pass the mailman in a double yellow zone all the time, don't they? Should they get a ticket too? I might have to look this one up in the books just in case I ever get a ticket.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've never heard it called a "driving award." I thought you actually got some award for doing something right! Double Yellows are illegal to pass in here and you will get a ticket if caught, plus it's usually unsafe (on blind corners, blind hills, etc.)

Good luck to you, I have more speeding tickets (awards, hahaha) that I care to think about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.