Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can drive without the upper on, but i would rake off the headlight. dont know about the laws over there but ive driven(illegaly) with no plastics or headlight. no problems.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd

you can drive without the upper on, but i would rake off the headlight. dont know about the laws over there but ive driven(illegaly) with no plastics or headlight. no problems.
I need the headlight and turn signals or I'll get stopped plenty fast and they won't let me out on the track either(as crazy as that sounds). The track days for street legal bikes carry full insurance with most companies and that means you need a *street legal bike*, including turn signals 'n headlight, even though they'll be taped over and not used. Todays society when *the law* replaces commmon sense/religion/what-have-you sure is a funny one at times.

Originally posted by arturo3rd

If you have a newbie question, please try the search feature.
I did and found some info, like apparently the headlight is attached to the upper fairing ( is this so? ) so I probably need to keep it in place, even though it's cracked. I want to get away with minimal changes since I'll be getting the bike back to standard when all parts have arrived and have been painted.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by CdnNinjaZX6R

You will lose the front turn signals though, unless you can rig them up some other way..
Hmm, have to think of something then. But wait looking at your sig pic and then some of my own the upper fairing extends below the turn signal. Aren't they attached directly to the plastic fairing?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hi,

the road turned, I didn't and now my right fairing is in pieces, my radiator is leaking at the cap and there's some other damage as well. I can probably get a new radiator or the old one fixed before I can get new fairings and now I'm wondering whether I couldn't ride the bike with just the upper fairing in place? There would be more wind resistance sure, but would this affect riding otherwise? And are the upper fairing and lights etc securely attached without the lower fairings? Are there any other problems I need to take into account?
Any info would be appreciated. I simply can't stand having my bike waiting for parts when it could be ridable.

I could go to the shop and try to figure it out by myself but someone has probably done something similar so I thought I'd ask here. It's a 02 euro 636 but as far as I know it should be the same as a US 02 as far as fairings are concerned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.