Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone new what the standard drop angle in degrees is for the stock clip-ons for a 2005 ZX-6R?

I've seen aftermarket clipons that advertise a "more relaxed" 6 degree angle, but there was no specific mention if the ZX-6R was a bike that had more than that. I don't want to purchase them if my bike already has a 6 degree angle :)

I might end up getting a set of Gilles Variobars, where the drop angle can be changed up or down, but if the stock angle is something like 10 degrees, the cheaper 6 degree fixed clipons might be a more reasonable alternative...

Thanks in Advance!

Feanor

·
Registered
810 Posts
i dont know what it is, but i'll tell you its a lot more comfortable than most sportbikes. I felt like i was going to tip over on my friends gixxer. [8D]

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
i dont know what it is, but i'll tell you its a lot more comfortable than most sportbikes. I felt like i was going to tip over on my friends gixxer. [8D]
Agreed. After riding my buddy's gixxer 750 my bars felt very wide and upright compared to his.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Could you elaborate a bit more? Your description and solution were so minimally explained it is hard to understand what you are looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! heh heh I thought I was being verbose :)

By drop angle of the clip-ons I am talking about the angle that that the actual bar is rotated down from the actual clamp that attaches it to the fork.

A zero degree clipon would be perpendicular to the fork leg when measured vertically along the forks length... as the drop angle increases, your hands move lower down the sides of the bike and your palms rotate inward to face each other.

I needed to know what the drop angle of stock 2005 ZX-6R clip-ons are... Hope that's clearer...

Thanks!

Feanor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.