Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has had there 9 drop out of top gear at about 240ks when hard on the gas felt like the chain had snaped just reved hard to limiter pulled in the clutch and slowed down to 120ks then let the clutch out and was like nothing had happend.
anyone had this hapen to them before or no why this would happen ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yer would of been about 150mph then slowed down to about 75mph as said above was really strange at 1st i thought somthink had broken until i felt it kick back in to gear as i slowed down was just wondering if others had anythink the same happen as it was a bit scary

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like a clutch issue. Try adjusting the clutch and see if that makes a difference. You'll need to adjust both at the lever and the adjuster near oil cap.

·
Registered
367 Posts
is the bike stock or modded? my clutch started slipping badly when i got it tuned well with a full akra system, +4 advancer and meshless filter... better clutch springs helps (but i got away with just shimming them)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well its got an exust on it and a k/n filter but thats all i know about it the clutch didnt slip it droped out of gear completely like when you mis a gear but i had been in gear for a few min crusing in 6th at 60mph then booted it so about 150mph then it droped out like the chain had snaped but it hadnt any iders has only dont it the once

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man...if its popping outa gear and not slipping...it maybe something in the tranny. Sorry...don't have that much knowledge of the tranny system so I can't help. (Maybe a bent dog???)
C

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.