Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(:(:(:(So dropped my bike today. Was hoping I could be that one person that escaped the "you will drop it eventually"

So, cracked farring, bent shifter, lil scratches here and there. Rode it back home and everything seemed fine. My biggest concern are some tubes at the bottom of the bike I havfe never noticed. Some kind of liquid leaked out when it went down, but nothing since. Not sure what it was, didnt smell like gas. Here is a pick of the cracked faring and pictures of the tubes that I'm wondering about. Dunno if these tubes are suppose to be like this or if something happened. Let me know what these are and if there is anything I need to do with them, or anything else I need to check out before I continue riding. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
647 Posts
they are supposed to be there its for coolant and an air hose of some sort, its normal

·
Registered
161 Posts
The lines are fine. I belive that one is the overflow for gas and the other for coolant. Glad you're ok and good luck fixing it.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Dropped mine today also. Oddly, didn't lose any liquids, I think. It was raining, so they may have just washed away.

Bent my steering though, not sure how much the fix for that will cost.

And at least you are alright. Good luck on the fixes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the info so far. I guess I was just never paranoid enough to notice the tubes. The brown one hangs down pretty far too, should I push it back up or leave it?? Also is there anything else I should check out before I ride more?? The shifter caught some of the weight and bent in. Can still get my foot under it and shift fine but any suggestions to bend it back?? Or new one? Also any info on getting a new fender would be great.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm not sure with the 250's, but you could check some aftermarket rearsets (those are the shifters) search kneedraggers.com or motorcyclesuperstore.com. Just leave the hoses alone. Check everything though. Make sure nothing is bent or snapped.

·
Registered
647 Posts
its definatly not for the battery, what purpose would the hose serve for the battery?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, so im just freaked cause this is my first bike and I dont have any experience with working on one so i just want to be sure there arent any serious issues. I dunno how a hose up under the bike would come off or anything but its hanging down pretty far. Coolant hose, air hose, and gas hose have all been mentioned. Even battery hose, but with my little knowledge I know that couldnt be it. Anyone know for sure what these are?? kkim?? anyone??

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It's coolant and gas on the zx6r. Don't worry about the hoses at all, that's how they are supposed to be. Just make sure nothing else is bent. Check the forks very closely. I would also check into a set of aftermarket rearsets. That should be all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
the hoses are gas and coolant overflow so when the bike fell over some leaked out, it should be fine but check your coolant level and make sure its not to low now.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
the hoses are gas and coolant overflow so when the bike fell over some leaked out, it should be fine but check your coolant level and make sure its not to low now.
I agree. That's what the hoses are for.

bikebandit.com has online parts diagrams you can search for your parts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Didnt have kick stand all the way out when I got off and it tipped over. Caught some weight on my leg/shoe but the rearset/peg/stand, mirror and turn signal caught the weight. Enough details?
I did the exact same thing yesterday. Was about to walk away from the bike when I realize the kick stand wasn't down at all. Desperately tried to slow that 300lb down with brute force(no luck of course) and finally planted my right shin underneath the bike to prevent it from falling. Yes my leg still hurts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did the exact same thing yesterday. Was about to walk away from the bike when I realize the kick stand wasn't down at all. Desperately tried to slow that 300lb down with brute force(no luck of course) and finally planted my right shin underneath the bike to prevent it from falling. Yes my leg still hurts.
I also dropped my bike the other week. Kickstand wasn't down all the way. I was able to slow the fall. Ironically, I hadn't noticed the hoses either untill I saw the coolant on the ground. Got lucky though, no cracks just scratches.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ouch, someone should invent an auto-kickstand lever as soon as the bike is off or something haha
you should start on it...it was your idea...not bashing or anything...just putting it out there...

can you imagine all the money you'll make from all the noobs fearing the "you'll drop it eventually" saying....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info so far. I guess I was just never paranoid enough to notice the tubes. The brown one hangs down pretty far too, should I push it back up or leave it?? Also is there anything else I should check out before I ride more?? The shifter caught some of the weight and bent in. Can still get my foot under it and shift fine but any suggestions to bend it back?? Or new one? Also any info on getting a new fender would be great.
Take the shifter off, wrap it in a towel and cinch it down in a secured vice and pound it back straight. You may have to bend it at a few different points to get it squared away.

Good luck,

Daniel

1 - 20 of 22 Posts