Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new Icon Domain helmet was knocked off of my seat... it fell on pavement and was chipped pretty good in two spots. So is it true that the helmet is shot and rendered unsafe?

I would hate to go spend another $300+ on a helmet :eek: but don't want to risk my head!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of the first lessons from MSF was not to balance your helmet on your seat, but rather set it on the ground (sometimes I still put mine on the gas tank resting against the handlebars though... :eek:).
Yeah, I learned that too from MSF... and then learned it again the hard way:rolleyes:. I was not sure if that still holds true with these newer expensive helmets.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
IMO, I will never own an Icon again after trying on Shoei and AGV helmets. Many people also approve of the Scorpion helmets on that site as well.
I will not buy another Icon Domain. I would like to have one that has a lock for the face shield. This particular helmet was well ventilated..., especially when I would look over my shoulder to check my blind spot going down the highway and the wind blast would open the face shield... you would think that a $300 helmet would not do that. Also, with all of the plastic attachments on the Domain... it was very creaky. WTF is that?

Icon makes great gear... just not this helmet I guess.

Yeah, Scorpion makes good affordable helmets!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.