Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
I thought with some manufacturers you can send it back to them and they'll inspect it and give you a yay or nay.

One of the first lessons from MSF was not to balance your helmet on your seat, but rather set it on the ground (sometimes I still put mine on the gas tank resting against the handlebars though... :eek:).

·
Registered
356 Posts
I read somewhere that buying used helmets is a bad idea. When you buy a new helmet and wear it for a good few weeks it molds to your head. Now when you buy it and have a melon head it won't fit correctly. You also do not know if it had been dropped.
Yeah, I read the same thing after I bought it. The guy used it for I think 3 months he said, never been dropped, not one scratch on it, clean padding. So oh well, it's just my head... :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Remember your helmet is designed to BREAK when dropped so your head doesn't. This means that after one drop the helmet is damaged and its ability to protect your egg like skull is compromised. Imagine ever being able to ride again...
No, I realize that, what I meant is I'm not concerned about dropping it and losing a $100 helmet. I'll just go out and buy another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.