Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
MSF instructor told us that helmets are designed to take one good drop. Something about it absorbs the impact wherever it was dropped & then its no good anymore, and that a drop waist height onto some grass-- maybe good. But a drop from waist height onto asphalt or concrete is definitley no good..

I dropped mine once from my mirror & it fell in my driveway from out of the car so i'm pretty sure its shot, but until i get the cash to get another one, its better than nothing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
IMO, I will never own an Icon again after trying on Shoei and AGV helmets. Many people also approve of the Scorpion helmets on that site as well.
I will not buy another Icon Domain. I would like to have one that has a lock for the face shield. This particular helmet was well ventilated..., especially when I would look over my shoulder to check my blind spot going down the highway and the wind blast would open the face shield... you would think that a $300 helmet would not do that. Also, with all of the plastic attachments on the Domain... it was very creaky. WTF is that?

Icon makes great gear... just not this helmet I guess.

Yeah, Scorpion makes good affordable helmets!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.