Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It's $50CDN to replace it. Yeah, those things break wayyy too easily.

Sorry to hear that man. Good thing you're OK though...you're able to type so I'm guessing you are.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was trying to back out of the garage, but accidently hit the side of the garage, lost it balance, and couldn't hold it back up, and settled it down. :(

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Most accidents do happen in the garage from what I've been told.

It's OK. Hope nothing serious (Fairings still OK?)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lucky you. My first crash and my bike was totaled.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i droped my bike today. Well set it down. I took it out ok the garage and went to get off to close the garage and i guess the stand wasn't down all the way and i couldn't hold her up the way i was standing.small scratchs on the mirror, plastic and the cover on the left side.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I've known that the rearsets are quite weak, but that overdoes all my assumptions.

Good thing you guys are ok and that nothing worse happened.

Hope you get your rearset quickly and can start banging the biaatch for what she's worth :D

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I read that many drops accur in the garage/driveway as well. I have a slanted driveway, which helps during a flood, but doen't help manuvering a bike.

And I always double check the side stand by kicking it forward twice and looking at it prior to leaning the bike over. That's a very frustrating drop (well, any drop is frustrating) off the sidestand.

-Flash

·
Registered
558 Posts
sorry to hear about the drop. i've snapped both my pegs now, i welded the first on back together and hope my buddy is done welding the other one. look on ebay for a peg, i found a foot stay on there for 25 bux which is gotta be more expensive than a peg. to make sure my bike is steady i put my foot on the back side of the kickstand and pull on the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ALMOST done that before. Bike was going down, and I'm just standing there straining every muscle in my body to bring it back up. Felt like I was standing there forever, but finally wrestled it back up. Hurt like hell the next day, but at least the bike was okay. ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey i did the same thing like 2 months ago and then a couple of sdays later a frind of mine dropped the bike in the garage also. So i had two broken off pegs. I went to a local shop and they sold me "Competition Werks" pegs for a 96 zx6r or something like that. If you interested i will give you the part number. Fit perfectly, adn look better for half of the price for one "POT METAL" peg.

·
Registered
363 Posts
When you say peg do you mean the actual foot peg or rear set bracket? Let me know cause I have some extra parts lying around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.