Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was turning in, witha girl on the back, too slow, too much hill.

bike tipped over, i didn't even hit the ground, the bike ran for about 5-6 seconds before shutting down.

tipped it back up

NO SCRATCHES ON PLASTICS (i'll have to get pics) but vortex sliders and spools saved the MFin' day!!

right rearset took some, needs to be replaced

BUT

now the engine is fubar, no oil pressure, oil light on, sounds like an engine with no oil in it over idle speed.

HOW

seriously the plastics didn't even touch, and the clutch cover is completely perfect. oil level is fine also.

its on its way to the dealership in about 10 minutes, but does anyone know what could be going on? would it have to do with it running on its side and some oil getting into like the airbox and the oil pump is jut not submerged anymore (though the level is fine in the window)? what gives?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE
bike is at kawi, they are 2 weeks back [V]

here are some pics of the massive damage

this is why you buy vortex frame sliders (or any other ones that stick out as far) and spools.

·
Registered
995 Posts
5-6 seconds? That's a long time. Today's bikes come with a tip over sensor which kills the bike almost immediately once the sensor reads that it's no longer upright.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you try "burping" the oil filter? Maybe some air got pumped through the system while it was on its side and got some air in the filter.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Originally posted by Roadrunner
Did you try "burping" the oil filter? Maybe some air got pumped through the system while it was on its side and got some air in the filter.
How does one "burp" an oil filter?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Take off the left fairing and have the oil filter exposed. Next, loosen the oil filter to point that it is still on but not losing any oil and then re-tighten. Turn the bike on to check to see if oil light went out. Put back on the fairing and then go ride..:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea loosem the filter, crank the bike til the light goes out and then retighten filter, happened to me, no damage but got worried shitless had the bike only 2 weeks. Checked this forum and it told me what to do.
Matt

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, I had a similar "spill" and chipped that peg in the same EXACT spot, must be its weak point. Cost me about $40 from the dealer, hope I didn't get too ripped. Retail on the part was $50 I think.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay im going down there tomorrow to try this out.

damnit i should have checked first, they were closing soon anyway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by xXMaGNuSXx
5-6 seconds? That's a long time. Today's bikes come with a tip over sensor which kills the bike almost immediately once the sensor reads that it's no longer upright.
i think i have one of those "today's bikes" and it definitely didn't turn right off.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
That is not cool, as your tip over sensor should of turned the bike right away when it went on the ground...
The footpeg always breaks there as well, seems kawi rather leave you with a nub of a peg versus the whole assembly breaking...

·
Registered
578 Posts
you call that damage? dude that stuff is nothing more than you helping your bike to develop a personality :D

damage is when you look at it and ask yourself "why the fuck did i do that stupid shit?" sorta like when you 12 oclock a bike cause you're riding a first gear standup in a parking lot and hit some trash laying on the ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.