Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever been accelerating hard in 3rd or 4th gear and just had it slip in and out of neutral? i was cruising around a corner today and all of a sudden it went to neutral from either 3rd or 4th and then jumped right back into gear...it was weird..it just reved really high and then caught back in....any input would be great thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
welcome to the club. Tranny problems seem to be quite common on the 05-06. Searching popping out of gear, or transmission problems. There are lots of threads, regarding this.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it was slipping...i am running 10w40 havent switched to synthetic they told me i didnt need to...bike has about 10300 miles

·
Powerhungry
38,380 Posts
yeh sorry man..but sounds very similiar to the rest of us with tranny problems. theres many threads involving this. theres a current one now, in this section.
was it making like a popping or a grinding sound. like its jumping into and back out of gear?
these trannies are junk. and kawi wont recognize it or warranty anything...yet.
search my name....ive said it many times. it cost me 1600 to fix mine, and that happened at 5k miles. of very easy riding, alot of commuting too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.