Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in awe. I got to drive my buddy's 12-R yesterday and all I can say is holy s***!!!! I can't believe the power of this bike. I've driven another buddy's TL1000 and it doesn't even come close. The pick-up of this bike was unbelieveable (well, except in first in low rpms). Not as fun to ride as my 6-R but holy, what a rush!!! So this is what if feels like to be on a rocket launch - or a silver bullet! [:M22]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I rode one a while back. The power is truely amazing. I was expecting something that felt much heavier, much less like a sportbike. I was pleasantly surprised. I can't see me ever owning a Huyabusa but I could definately see me owning a ZX-12R.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Just curious, is the term "drove" or "drive" proper for bikes? Or is that more for cars? I thought a bike was "rode" or "ride" was the proper terminology.

Any English majors here?

I rode a TL 1000 as well. I am not a Suzuki fan, but that biek had nice power. Was prett heavy though.

-Flash

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I ain't no English major but I think one generally "rides" something one is on while one "drives" something one is in. I drive a car and ride a motorcycle . . . but I flies an airplane . . . go figure.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I rode a pink scooter the other day....

all I had to say was....YYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True. The correct term would be "ride", but being female, anytime I say "ride" the guys all assume I was on back as a passenger. :( Yeah right, if I'm not the one riding, what's the point in going? Sorry, I should have known better with you guys. :)

LIVE LIFE FULL THROTTLE!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
hey sabbadoo10

Man i agree 100% with you scooters are fun to ride. There like fat chicks there fun to ride untill your friends find out! [:M6]

Theres no half way about it ZX says it all! [:M117]

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've ridden my dad's 12r. It is the shit. It's so smooth. He babies it but I put it in check. The busa is pretty similiar in terms of horses, but it feels bulkier.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think if I'm control, then I'm "driving". If I'm not, then I'm "riding". My two cents. Of course, I've ridden a lot of horses, but I've never driven one. hmmmm

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I would love to try the 12, I got to try a busa, and I was really surprised at it. I was expecting a heavy, hard to control monster. No way! Sooooo fast. Never got to go nuits in the corners with it, but it handled well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.