Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum here. I bought a 2015 Honda XR650L about 6 months ago; first bike ever at 25 yrs old.

I thought it was my dream bike. Ever since I saw Rambo run away from the cops in First Blood I wanted a (street legal) dirt bike. However, living in PA, my options are kind of limited and I found myself solely riding on the street. I also got familiar with it really quick and I lost that rush/ feeling I had when I first rode it. At this point, it feels kind of sluggish to me and no thrill anymore. With these realizations, I'm in the process of trying to sell it, but about 2 weeks ago I found a basically new 2015 Ninja 650 [can't post a picture without a url?].

I got a great deal on the Ninja. In 2015-16, this woman wanted to get into bikes and bought it new from a dealer and had a friend ride it home 30 miles for her. One day she went to try and ride it and dropped it in her garage, quickly realizing this bike was too big and just not for her. She kept it in the garage for 3 years at 30 miles until she decided to sell when she had to move. I found it on Craigslist and made an offer, checked it out, and took it home that day!

I've since had it inspected and registered and put 300 miles on it! I had to have the brake fluid flushed and now it's time for my 1st oil change. Went with Kawasaki brands non-synthetic this time. Still breaking her in and keeping it under 4-6k rpm's. Anyways, glad to meet new people and excited to be on this forum! -Chris

P.S. If anyone wants a 2015 Honda XR650l in great condition lmk! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

I have a similar story except i don't know all the history essentially i got a 2016 ER-6F (Ninja 650) with only 200 miles on the clock, The guy who bought it only rode it a few times and then just garaged it under cover till he sold it.

When i got it, it was mint but unfortunately i had a small dropping incident in a car park a month after getting it :( , Like you i had mine serviced straight away and they advised to replace all fluids Brakes\Coolant\oil and she rides like a dream hope you have as much fun on yours as i do on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts