Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
yep, been following it on a ducati forum, the Single Sided Swing arm is BACK! yes Plus it is surpose to have the top end out put of the new liter I-4

·
Registered
439 Posts
i went into my local euro dealership and the salesman was talking about the new ducatis. According to him: totally new designs, and... wait for it... affordable. This was all he could say. I think he is full of shit but he seemed pretty excited about them.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
all bikes looks goofy when it is wraped in black duck tape, lol.

·
Registered
734 Posts
OMG. That's awesome. I can tell that bike is going to be stunning. Love the whole chain through the swingarm thing. Can't wait.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i know im gonna catch flames for this but i like the 999/749 styling over the 998/748. wouldn't mind having either though.

i think ducati should work on making there bikes more affordable to buy as well as maintain.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I love the 999 and really don't care for the 916 lineage. If it drives down used 999's then bring it on. I'd like to pick up a 999S or R in the next few years.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't mean to bring you down GreenEnvy, but those pics have been around for a few months now. I think they've even been posted here before.

It's still good to see them again and be reminded of the new Duke. I probably won't buy one though.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Nigel
I don't mean to bring you down GreenEnvy, but those pics have been around for a few months now. I think they've even been posted here before.

It's still good to see them again and be reminded of the new Duke. I probably won't buy one though.
cool, I don't follow the ducks much, I just saw this posted on the other forum so I linked it. I don't remember ever seeing them here though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I too like the 999 better than the 916 lineage. Got my eye on a Briel clone.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I guess im the odd ball out, i love the 916' style over the newer one, that is the only body style i looked for when buying a duc, but the new 1098 looks very promising.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The bike looks 'long' to me...but I like it!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
In the article linked, it says the base model starts at $14k, and outperforms the 999R in all aspects, and the new R model is $24k, as opposed to the $30k of the current 999R. This makes my decision so much more difficult. I've been aiming at an 05 999 at the end of next season, and have the budget worked out 100% to be able to work it, but now with this new bike coming out and selling for only $14k...I might have to change my mind. Damnit, I want to see some REAL pictures... :/

Also in the article, it said that they took heavy styling cues from the GP6 motogp machine...I don't see it. I see tons of 999 styling...honestly, it looks like someone took a 999, put a single sided swingarm on it, and wraped it in black tape.

Which is fine for me. I love the 999 style over any other bike out there. Add the single sided swingarm, and it looks like I'll be waiting a few more months to make the Ducati switch. :/

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
In the article linked, it says the base model starts at $14k,
Yep. $14,900, to be precise. Our dealership, among many others I'm sure, is already taking deposits.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.