Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in my cage today, and it's about 105 outside. Pull up next to dude on R1, chick on back, hot chick, shorts and tank top on, ass hangin out.
Me: hot day huh...must be sweatin on that thing
Dude: ain't that bad
me: if you go down your girl won't look so good with no skin left
dude: I don't plan on going down
me: nobody does
dude: yeah whatever
light turns green...dude accelerates away quickly. I guess he told me huh? None of my business, but I could just imagine what would happen.........

N

·
0 Posts
"i dont plan on going down" lol. typical squid response. i got a friend who says the same thing. well guess what happened about 2 weeks ago. granted according to him it wasnt his own mistake. said a cage hit his front wheel and he went down. got road rash on his left arm and messed up his 06 suzuki :D a bit on the left side. just like him, some people never learn. he's back to riding in shirts and shorts.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
what a dumb-ass that dude is, and a real STUPID Bitch on the back..

If you ride a bike it isnt a matter of IF or dont plan on going down its WHEN!
Kinda sucks but that is the reality of the life we live on bikes..

·
Registered
116 Posts
saw a guy yesterday on a ducati 748 in shorts / cutoff / flip-flops. pointed and laughed and he accelerated away all quick and loud.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
I have one better: Neighbor dude - in his 60's... gets what's obviously his first bike (Harley-clone cruiser). I know it's his first because he's out front of his house practicing slaloms around soda cans... wearing the traditional wife-beater, shorts, & sandals.

Two days later, he's tooling around the neighborhood, dressed exactly the same, with his wife (also in shorts, tank & sandals) AND THEIR FOO-FOO DOG in between them...

Amazing!

·
Registered
403 Posts
My girl is pretty good with dressing appropriatley cause in the begining I always told her if she wears that shit and we go down she's gonna get real fucked up and then I'm gonna have to dumper her for a chick with some skin left. Funny now she has her own gear and 2 leather jackets....

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
granted according to him it wasnt his own mistake.
As if it mattered who's fault it is. The damage to his body is the same.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm afraid I'm going to have to be opposite of everyone here. I have read countless threads posted about relatives, friends, strangers making comments to us about how dangerous/deadly/stupid riding a motorcycle is. And everyone in those threads always replies "I hate it when people tell me that shit, like I don't have enough to think about while I'm out riding" or something along those lines. Well here we have a topic posted by a sportbike rider who while in his car tells another sportbike rider he is going to go down. Now isn't that the same thing as some stranger coming up to you and saying that?? I just think that was total disrespect. To come in here and make fun of the guy for what he and his gf were wearing or not wearing I can see and also laugh at there lack of gear. But to comment to the rider that he is going to go down is no better than all of those other people out there telling us we are going to go down. I just think that sounded a little hypocritical.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
"i dont plan on going down" lol. typical squid response. i got a friend who says the same thing. well guess what happened about 2 weeks ago. granted according to him it wasnt his own mistake. said a cage hit his front wheel and he went down. got road rash on his left arm and messed up his 06 suzuki :D a bit on the left side. just like him, some people never learn. he's back to riding in shirts and shorts.
i thought he learned after he went off the road last month? one day maybe

^i dont believe he said he was going to go down. he just said IF he went down it won't be pretty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think they're both dumbasses! If a girl MUST be told to wear proper gear, even if he doesn't, she deserves having her skin ripped off! When are these people - esp. girls - going to learn?! [:p] Lack of proper gear on a bike is a big fashion faux pax!

Originally posted by jdgun_13
what a dumb-ass that dude is, and a real STUPID Bitch on the back..

If you ride a bike it isnt a matter of IF or dont plan on going down its WHEN!
Kinda sucks but that is the reality of the life we live on bikes..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Speaking on my own behalf here and the "comments" I make with respect to what others post, whatever I say is solely my opinion... something I'm entitled to. If I think someone is stupid for riding the way they ride, then that's what I think and that's what I'll say. Isn't that what forums are about?! Just my opinion... again... [:X]

Originally posted by Vader01
I'm afraid I'm going to have to be opposite of everyone here. I have read countless threads posted about relatives, friends, strangers making comments to us about how dangerous/deadly/stupid riding a motorcycle is. And everyone in those threads always replies "I hate it when people tell me that shit, like I don't have enough to think about while I'm out riding" or something along those lines. Well here we have a topic posted by a sportbike rider who while in his car tells another sportbike rider he is going to go down. Now isn't that the same thing as some stranger coming up to you and saying that?? I just think that was total disrespect. To come in here and make fun of the guy for what he and his gf were wearing or not wearing I can see and also laugh at there lack of gear. But to comment to the rider that he is going to go down is no better than all of those other people out there telling us we are going to go down. I just think that sounded a little hypocritical.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by Vader01
[:++1]

Not only that, but Whlyphobia, you should probably change your name to "Squidlyphobia." You seem to have an obsession with people that don't do things you do not approve of; he didn't tell you off, he just didn't care what you had to say, as would I if someone drives up to me and starts lecturing me. Then you cant wait to run and post on here to get people to validate what you did; sorry man, you can't control the world.

If you truly liked his bike and wanted to strike a friendly conversation, the going down part was uncalled for, I would've ended my conversation with a "be safe." I wonder what satisfaction you got from telling them what you did? It's no different than the bible pushers that feel it is their obligation to save the world, therefore they have to judge and preach to everyone that does not believe in the same things they do (kind of like Todd).

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I'm kinda with vader on this one. Its none of your business what they were wearing. I agree that they were being stupid, but its not your place say shit like that to a complete stranger. Its one thing to tell your buddies who you ride with that they should wear gear, but not just some random dude who is miding his own business. I kind of understand your comment though since he had a passenger. She probably has some kind of blind trust in her boyfriend and doesn't realize what would happen if they went down. Or maybe its just that I hate to see a good piece of ass go to waste. Oh well, I'm not hitting it so its his loss I guess. If it was my girl though, I'd cover that fine ass up. Scars on guys are cool, kinda gross on girls.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by Lizzette007
Speaking on my own behalf here and the "comments" I make with respect to what others post, whatever I say is solely my opinion... something I'm entitled to. If I think someone is stupid for riding the way they ride, then that's what I think and that's what I'll say. Isn't that what forums are about?! Just my opinion... again... [:X]

Just like it is everyone else's right to opine on their thoughts about this incident, no different. Yet, one thing is to express an opinion, another one is to push your beliefs on others.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I say just keep your opinions to yourselves if it's just about the gear someone else is wearing. But if you see them riding recklessly and risking the lives of others on the road, then please, voice out your opinons.

·
Registered
131 Posts
the last thing i want to hear from somebody is how bad a crash would be. why would you say that to him? did he have a magical gear pouch from which he could pull full leathers at that moment? imo, any dissenting opinion (ie vader, etc) is due to the fact that you didn't mind your own business--anyone who gets on a bike knows the risk (including the girl, unless she's mentally handicapped and can't predict the outcome of skin vs. asphalt), so there's no need to ruin the guy's ride.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wasn't being pushy to the guy at all...didn't even take a tone with the guy, just didn't want to see them get hurt...and i woulda said 'be safe" but he sped away...and i really hope i didn't ruin his ride...and yeah he had every right to be like PFFFTT, so I don't think it phased him. Sometimes there's a bandwagaon effect on these boards...as soon as someone posts a flame, there's always followers.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
No one has flamed you. If you post something and expect everyone to agree, then I don't know what to say to you. I don't think I was trying to flame you, I was just pointing out that you seem to have an obsession with people that do things you don't agree with and that I would've reacted the same way. BTW, I wasn't calling you a squid, you have to admit that you've posted a few things regarding squids and I was just playing off of your screen name. There's no bandwagon effect here, some people agree with what you did, others don't. But if you don't want to have opposing views, this is probably not the best site to post something (I don't think you'll find such a site).

Edit:

Ok, I read my post again and maybe I did flame you a little, but no more than what you did to the guy on the R1:D.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.