Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
i run powers, the dunlop is so new, i doubt many people have run them yet. Although i liked the old 208's so i bet the qualifier is a good tire as well. I will stick with powers for my next set though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
one of the mags liked the powers better. saying that they lasted longer and were as sticky, plus i heard that jake holden prefers the powers because of superior feedback.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i own the qualifiers right now but i'm an one: too unexperienced to know any better two: haven't ridden hard enuff on them yet cause the weather is bad and i'm slow :\

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by Marko Moto
I'm going with the new replacment for the M-1 sportec, M-3's.[:p]
How much they run. I may get some tires too. BStones are cool but I loved my M-1's

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree I love my m_1 too. They are $264 aset. But a friend said he read an article comparing the qualifier, pilot power and M-3. They said the M-3,s grip like velcro and lasted like steel.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
after just buying the powers, i gota say that the powers are the stickeyest shit since green bud, [:M25] not that i know or anything like that, but they stick very fukn well.[:p]

·
Registered
135 Posts
sooo sick of this. Powers are only good for high milage. Unless you ride in a leotard with a little pink tutu. In that case, you'll never know the difference between any two tire sets. I have Powers on my 1000 and they ARE NOT the sticky-icky like our pot-head buddy mentioned. PM me if you're riding this weekend, you live close-by!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Originally posted by Yates Fan
sooo sick of this. Powers are only good for high milage. Unless you ride in a leotard with a little pink tutu. In that case, you'll never know the difference between any two tire sets. I have Powers on my 1000 and they ARE NOT the sticky-icky like our pot-head buddy mentioned. PM me if you're riding this weekend, you live close-by!
Definetly a high mileage tire compared to DOT slicks/track tires but they're easier to heat up and for most of us that's a good thing....
My excuse is I ride with a skinny wallet. Granted if I had the money I would always be running Pilot Races (med/soft) on the street and at trackdays but I can't afford it. :D Slicks cost too damn much, worth the money, but not all of us can afford to run them all the time... I've been happy with the powers and since I'm not exactly quick (slow B group) they suit my riding style just fine. Plus they handle great in the rain which is also a plus this time of year when it's harder to heat up tires.

btw have any take-offs for sale? Power Race, Corsas, 208gp, etc. :D

btw when spring finally sets in the Foothills have some great roads(the best ones are covered with snow right now) but several are still ride able. I'm not a fan of any Berryessa this time of year either (rocks, debris, etc). I've also been meaning to get out to Skaggs, Hwy 9, etc.

·
Registered
463 Posts
powers

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would go with the powers, mostly because they have been around a year longer and the feedback from people has generally been very positive. The 209s are new and its going to be a while before the feedback on these make it back to the forums.

Of all the street tires I have used, this by far has the best grip, and I trust this tire more than any of the others I have used (Diablo, 207, 208, BT012 and BT014). I also used these on the track last season, but I will be using RaceTecs this year (Metz was running a great deal on these)....

The reviews so far of the 209 look promising, and I may consider them when its time for new street rubber, but I will probably stick with the Powers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If you only need a rear, get another battleax, then get a full set of whatever looks best on the market when you burn up the BT-014. By then, there will be enough input on the Dunlop to tell, and the Power isn't going to get worse. I guess it depends on how you ride, I would like to get a full set of Powers, but don't need it yet, the BT-014's still have enough grip for me. Either way, they're both good tires, get what you want, or can get a better deal on.[:p]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.