Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered mine, i guess everyone says they are going to be the best bang for the buck.... got them from kneedraggers.com

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dunlop_Qualifier_Front_Tires--509023.html

i cant wait to try them out. ive been a dunlop guy for awhile now, and i just recently had a pair of the 208's and they stay that the qualifiers heat up faster, and handle better with more stickyness... and more tread pattern as well....hay for $20.00 more ill give them a try...

·
Registered
560 Posts
i just wore out my 208's as well, and my dealership now carries the qualifiers. i never had trouble with the 208's so im going with these as well. only $10 more here though.

God Bless, Ride Hard, Ride Safe

·
Registered
622 Posts
i got a set last week, i only have the rear on (i'm putting the front on as soon as i get my stand-c'mon fedex :D ) i went from pilot powers. after i get the front on & scrubbed in, i'll give my review;) oh, i got em for 240 shipped the stealership wanted 380 & would take a week to get em in[B)][B)]

·
Registered
439 Posts
I signed up for Reg Pridmores CLASS and will be getting a set of qualifiers through them for $200 shipped :D

I did spend $250 on the class and you have to have 98% new tires, so they better give you a tire deal.

I ride dunlop 208's and have never had a problem, so i'm excited about the newer better qualifiers

·
Registered
7 Posts
compared to 208s. i had front and rear 208s, and now i have front and rear qualifiers with about 250 miles worth of riding on em. as far as i've had them, i can say they grip nice, i get a little bit more skip in the front now, maybe because i give more throttle than normal. Generally, the tires warm up faster than the 208s, consist of a somewhat softer compound, great for wheelies, or dragging knee. I think dunlop did right by this new tire design, lets just see how long they last. [}:)]

·
Registered
283 Posts
i had to put a rear qualifier on yesterday as i woke up with a flat rear.... lucky me! Went to hit palomar, mesa grande and loved it.... gota say it held up really good, and very secure. I had not slips,skips or slides.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i have had them for a while now and i have about 1200 miles on them. they are great BUT wehn they are cold they are ike driving on ROCKS!

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
All you guys that like your 208's...I don't get it. I HATE my 208's. They lean over ok, but there's no feel, they take forever to warm up, before they're warm they slide all over the place, and even when they're warm they spin up at the slightest amount of throttle at lean, and even in a straight line they spin up on me in first gear if I goose it. Can't even pick up the front end, the ass just spins on me. I'm definately NOT a fan of Dunlops, and I'm not a fan of the recent 'bang for your buck' tire class. Pilot Powers grip great on the street, but there's absolutely NO feel or feedback whatsoever, and at track speeds they slip all over the place. I'm not impressed with Dunlop at all. I'm a huge fan of Pirelli Corsa tires. You get what you pay for, I suppose, like most other things. I had a set of Dragon SC tires on the 636 when I first got it, and those things were GODLIKE. I loved it.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by cobra
i agree with dragknt about the 208's. they suck.

love my PP's though.
Yeah, I went through a set of PP's as well, and the grip was great, the rubber was soft...I got it all the way over with no spinning problems or anything, and usually no spinning under power... There was just no feel, to me. It was like I was riding a bike, and I knew the tires would probably stick, but you had no idea you were at the edge of traction until stuff started spinning up. But if you're not going to rag it to the edge, which I usually don't, they stick great. I just enjoy the extra feel of the Corsa tires. I know where the bike's at all the time. Maybe I'm just more used to Corsas, and I'm used to picking up what they're laying down. *shrugs*

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yea i agree, i hate the 208's they were horrible, but i heard so much about the qualifiers and the fact that i caught a random flat, got the qualifiers. I only have 1 real long day of riding 220+ miles and they were great! I do agree with the pirellies tho, they were wonderful and recommend them highly

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Anyone know what the tread life is like on the Qualifiers? It'd have to be pretty good for me to consider trying them, but who knows.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have PP on my 636 now and the Dunlop "Q"s on my GSXR 1k thought I would try them both out. to date both are holding up well, what I like more about the "Q"s is that they give you more feedback. you know when they are about to side, unlike the PP what you will just let go with no warning. Just my $0.02.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.