Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for getting some new rubber for my bike...I have an 06 kawi 636, the kawi's come with 120-65-zr-17's up front but Dunlop only makes 120-60's and 120-70's....Which way should I go and will there be any differance in the handle of the bike?

Also if there is anyone here that is running the Qualifiers....what do you think?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Lots of tire threads lately. Go with the 70 front, you'll love it waaay more than the 65. As for the quals, I couldn't tell you. I got a new set of Metzeler M3's and will never use any other tire again on my bikes. These are the best all around tires I've ever used.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't speak from personal experience, but I've heard the Qualifiers are arguably the best tires out, edging out Powers. But their downfall is tire life, and for that reason I would go with the Powers.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Qualifiers all the way. They're more forgiving in a corner and don't step out as easily as the powers. As far as the tread life is concerned the Qualifers should last longer then the Powers considering the Powers are a single soft compound tire and the Qualifiers are a triple compound tire with a hard center medium inner and soft outer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.