Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read some reviews but rather get some user experience. I don't plan to ride track anytime soon yet, and mostly street riding and twisties. I was going to purchase the michelin pilot power 2 CTs, but the price of $240-250 of the Q3s seems like a solid deal. What do you guys think?

If anything, I might just shell out the extra money and go with the Pilot roads 2. I know its a different tire but I commute a lot so wouldn't be bad to have a long lasting tire.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have been using the Q2's, and I love them! I get around 10,000 miles out of a set. I will be going to the Q3's on my next set. SportbikeTrackGear.com has a $40 mail in rebate on them right now, so you can get a set for just over $200.

·
1,905 Posts
We have a couple guys on the Q3, but it's so new and been raining so much here, they havent made many miles yet. Initial sub 1000 mile feedback is way better that the older Q2.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been using the Q2's, and I love them! I get around 10,000 miles out of a set. I will be going to the Q3's on my next set. SportbikeTrackGear.com has a $40 mail in rebate on them right now, so you can get a set for just over $200.
Oh forgot about STG, they one of my favorite places to shop. Thanks for the heads up

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I got Q3s mounted when I went to the track last weekend, and I love them! I had 2CTs on my bike before that, and as much as I liked them, the Q3s are even better. From what I understand, the profile is more aggressive than the Q2s which makes for better and quicker turn in. All I know is I swear by them and the bang/buck factor is excellent.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got Q3s mounted when I went to the track last weekend, and I love them! I had 2CTs on my bike before that, and as much as I liked them, the Q3s are even better. From what I understand, the profile is more aggressive than the Q2s which makes for better and quicker turn in. All I know is I swear by them and the bang/buck factor is excellent.
Ok sweet, I'm sold on buying them lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm going to get a set too. Also, there is a 40 dollar mail in rebate on them right now. That makes a set of 180s 200 even. Pretty awesome.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I got a set of q3's sitting at the house waiting to be mounted on my bike but I'm a little stumped on how to get the front wheel off. It looks like it uses a huge Allen key or spark plug socket but I'm not sure and I don't really wanna try to take it off unless I know for sure what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I ride an 11 zx6 just to let y'all know and sorry in advance for the noob question, I've never done sport bike tires before

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I got a set of q3's sitting at the house waiting to be mounted on my bike but I'm a little stumped on how to get the front wheel off. It looks like it uses a huge Allen key or spark plug socket but I'm not sure and I don't really wanna try to take it off unless I know for sure what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I ride an 11 zx6 just to let y'all know and sorry in advance for the noob question, I've never done sport bike tires before
There is a tool for it: Hex Axle Tool 17,19,22,24 mm, Chromoly | Motion Pro

You can also get a socket with the correct size hex key (22mm for the 2009 - 2012 ZX-6R) at a hardware or auto parts store.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is a tool for it: Hex Axle Tool 17,19,22,24 mm, Chromoly | Motion Pro

You can also get a socket with the correct size hex key at a hardware or auto parts store.
Awesome thank ya for clearing that up for me. Hopefully this weekend or next ill get the wheels off and go have the Q3's mounted and balanced. Soon as they're on ill let y'all know how they perform on the street. Then on the track on Labor Day. First track day and I am stoked :)

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Awesome thank ya for clearing that up for me. Hopefully this weekend or next ill get the wheels off and go have the Q3's mounted and balanced. Soon as they're on ill let y'all know how they perform on the street. Then on the track on Labor Day. First track day and I am stoked :)

Get yourself a copy of the service manual, it will explain in great detail how to remove the wheels and how to properly install them, including torque values for the fasteners.

Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Get yourself a copy of the service manual, it will explain in great detail how to remove the wheels and how to properly install them, including torque values for the fasteners.

Good luck.
Speaking of torque values, I am putting together a web site with all of this type of information for the 2009 - 20012 ZX-6R's (and possibly other year models). I just finished the torque values page earlier today: http://zx6r.us/PageList.htm

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Speaking of torque values, I am putting together a web site with all of this type of information for the 2009 - 20012 ZX-6R's (and possibly other year models). I just finished the torque values page earlier today: http://zx6r.us/PageList.htm
Web pages are very difficult to read.

The GRAY wording against the white page background is very difficult to read.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good idea on the web page. That's definitely gunna help a lot of people out and clear up a lot of questions

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chaparral-racing.com

Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Rear Tire - Chaparral Motorsports

Rear 180/55-17 for $134

Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Front Tire - Chaparral Motorsports

Front 120/70-17 for $107

Offers the set of Q3's
120 Front/180 Rear 17" for $241 with free shipping or $201 after $40 MIR (Mail In Rebate)

Rocky Mountain ATV has them for 240.98. Forgot about them. Used the Chaparral one as reference when I called STG and gave it to me for their price but I ain't fussing about 5 dollars. But for anyone who's interested, here's the link for rockymountain. FREE SHIPPING AS WELL

120/70/17:
Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Front Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

180/55/17:
Dunlop Sportmax Q3 Rear Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Web pages are very difficult to read.

The GRAY wording against the white page background is very difficult to read.
What browser are you using? The background isn't white.

Edit: Ah, it must be Internet Explorer. It isn't showing the background correctly for some reason. Good to know though, so I can fix it. Thanks!

Edit 2: Fixed. It should display properly now.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
What browser are you using? The background isn't white.

Edit: Ah, it must be Internet Explorer. It isn't showing the background correctly for some reason. Good to know though, so I can fix it. Thanks!

Edit 2: Fixed. It should display properly now.
I was on my iPhone so I was using Safari to view your web page.

Much better!!

Thanks for fixing it!

:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts