Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to get a set of Dunlop's which would you get? This is for hard street riding and maybe a track day. I have PP's on there now but I can get a set of Dunlops free.:D

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the SportMax GP or the D208 GP? Both sound good but Im looking foe some feed back on these.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
"GP's" are kind of overkill for the street. You can use them but remember that there designed for the track. If you got the coin, then go ahead but i think the qualifiers are just fine. Im using them now and love em.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by aln413
"GP's" are kind of overkill for the street. You can use them but remember that there designed for the track. If you got the coin, then go ahead but i think the qualifiers are just fine. Im using them now and love em.
When you say designed for the track what do you mean buy that? (That they take long to warm-up, low miles, or what?)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the new Sportmax GP's on my track bike. Absolutely love them. I would have to say that they are way overkill for the street. You won't get them hot enough to feel their full potential. Qualifiers are your best bet. I've heard the same feedback as the other posts have said. Great street/trackday tire.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by Cargo

When you say designed for the track what do you mean buy that? (That they take long to warm-up, low miles, or what?)
Think about it, if your goin from light to light, there gonna have a hard time getting up to temp. If you go to like palomar from where i live(fontana) then you'll be all good. If you do get them, just remember when you first take off, your tires will be cold, so if you hit the throttle hard, you might get spit off. Also theres the heat cycle factor. Too many heat cycles are not good for a race tire. Unless your just gonna cruise. If you plan on wickin it up then you might wanna think about that.JMHO : )

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I think Im just going to get the Qualifiers.
Thanks for all the input yall:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by Cargo
Thanks I think Im just going to get the Qualifiers.
Thanks for all the input yall:D
Definately a smart move bro !! Plus you'll save yourself some coin. Chapparal's got em on sale right now. I just bought a rear and it cost me $111.62. Im almost tempted to go get another set for later.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Good choice on the qualifiers, you will love them. They are a pretty good deal at most places too. I've been able to find them for $199 a set. Be ready to change the rear at 4-5000 miles though. They wear out pretty quickly compared to the rocks that came on the bike stock. The front will probably need replacing at 7-8000 miles. Worth every penny IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.