Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at National City Motorcycles south of San Diego this weekend at an open house and had this dyno run of my '06 ZX6R. With all the Hayabusa's, R1's, Gixxer's, and others, the Kawi with full Akro Race system was the hottest sounding bike there. Some kids came running when it fired up to see what was on the dyno. :D It also had the highest HP rating of any 600, 636, or 650 of the day. It has the basics, full akro race exhaust, K&N air, and LP Dynajet with the pre-configured setting for the Akro. Another 636 was there getting tuned with the power commander and a two brothers exhaust and still was several hp short of mine, he was bummed. Based on the dyno chart I would have to say the LP Dynajet is a better buy than the power commander by saving the $250-$350 for a custom tune. This one looks pretty good.

Anyway, looking at the chart it shows 47.18 Max Torque, where did the other 5 ft-lbs of torque go that are claimed on stock bikes? Any possible explainations other than margine of error on the dyno?

Thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Looks good did you do the wire jumper as well?
Your dyno looks pretty close to mine, BUT a little soft and broken on the 13,700Rpm zone...

So what did some of the other bikes do for referrence?
Just serious wondering for a direct comparison...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That is about right. There is not a 600 on the market that is over the 50 ft pounds mark as of yet even with mods. The GSRX750 and maybe the Triumpth 675 are the only two bikes I can think of under the liter bike crowd that are over that range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't done the wire mod and based on the chart will increase the flow in the upper third in increments at Fontana later this month on the track to see if I notice a difference.

An 05' 636 came in at 112 with a two brothers slip on and stock air with a power commander tuned on the dyno. Some of the other 600's (mostly gixxers came in between 103-112, the older ones at the lower range and the newer ones at the higher end. One of the gixxer 1000's came in at a little over 160, didn't see the torque reading. My girlfriends 03' SV650 came in at 71 hp and 51 torque. She also has a full Akro, stock air, and no fuel commander. The deep throated sound of the akro on a twin was music but the 636 sounded like it was just ripping the air apart and when the pops came from letting of the throttle it sounded just like being at an AMA Supersport race.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.