Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a video of my dyno run didnt get to finished but pickup 8 horsepower by tuning but still not completly finished I dropped na rod on the dyno but almost have the motor finished <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Idu-z72sf9w"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Idu-z72sf9w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>tuned on the big end

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a video of my dyno run didnt get to finished but pickup 8 horsepower by tuning but still not completly finished I dropped na rod on the dyno but almost have the motor finished <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Idu-z72sf9w"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Idu-z72sf9w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>tuned on the big end
I dropped a valve not a rod had a brain fart but it did break a piston and bent the valve

·
Registered
159 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Nice vid!!!! love the results on the laptop....216Hp from a 636cc bike---amazing!! sucks you dropped a valve though but i gotta feeling with this head it might make a little more torque but not as much hp....i could be wrong but i dunno...guess well see!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Nice vid!!!! love the results on the laptop....216Hp from a 636cc bike---amazing!! sucks you dropped a valve though but i gotta feeling with this head it might make a little more torque but not as much hp....i could be wrong but i dunno...guess well see!!!!
Torque is better than horsepower anyway it will make the bike pull harder

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The bike is making power, check out how lean the map is! Thats what a big wet shot will give you... Lmao

I like running the camera! Make sure you bring it friday night, so maybe someone will get that 8 second pass on tape! It won't be me cause my ass will be right there in the other lane watching you drive passed me after the 1/8th! lol!

·
Registered
479 Posts
who says you need displacment to make better power. I know you'll have together in no time with all those parts you got. good luck

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats F'in AWESOME.....is that the same dyno you went to earlier in the year..?
Yes its the same dyno But I was on the same size shot just dry now I am on a wet shot same size and have the lockup I figured the lockup gave me around 10 to the wheel alone thats how bad the clutches were slipping

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sweet! My favorite part other than listening to that 636 scream is this:

Steve: "It got to 14 and it just felt like it wasn't revving any higher"

Dyno Guy: "It don't need to go any higher."

Great work Steve. You have sacrificed a lot to get your bike to the level it is today. Maybe see you Friday. I got some fresh steels and fibers for mine which will be nice.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Sweet! My favorite part other than listening to that 636 scream is this:

Steve: "It got to 14 and it just felt like it wasn't revving any higher"

Dyno Guy: "It don't need to go any higher."

Great work Steve. You have sacrificed a lot to get your bike to the level it is today. Maybe see you Friday. I got some fresh steels and fibers for mine which will be nice.
LOL! that was me that said that after I saw the 216hp... lmao!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
LOL! that was me that said that after I saw the 216hp... lmao!
Damn! I thought the person formerly known as the dyno guy sounded familiar.

·
Registered
495 Posts
wow that is a bad bike................
if you dont mind me asking what all do you have done to it???

·
Registered
227 Posts
05 600rr cams ,ported head, vance &hines header , kit ecu, power commander and 80 wet shot on stock internals pretty much stock
How did the cam install go? Was there any modifications needed? Was there a significant increase of power with the 600rr cams? How do they compare to the 05/06 636 cams? Just to not sound like an idiot but those are the cbr cams we're talking about. Sorry for so many question but I'm very interested.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
How did the cam install go? Was there any modifications needed? Was there a significant increase of power with the 600rr cams? How do they compare to the 05/06 636 cams? Just to not sound like an idiot but those are the cbr cams we're talking about. Sorry for so many question but I'm very interested.
The cams are from the 05-06 Kawasaki ZX6RR. The 05-06 ZX6RR came stock with what were considered Kawasaki kit cams for the 03-04 ZX6R

·
Registered
479 Posts
You also need to get the 05 06 zx6RR Intake and Exhaust springs. they are stiffer and you need that for the lift. Plus the bike will rev better compared to the stock setup, just ask littleman.

·
Registered
495 Posts
whats the difference between the 05-06 600rr and 636r cams??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts