Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike was 80.6 HP [V]
I have cleaned and synchronized the carbs, cleaned the air filter and did a compression check. I have not dynoed it yet after all this. Any ideas on what I else I can do?

P.S. Bike has around 20k miles on it, full exhaust and jetted.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gujustud,

Sounds about right, I got 93.8bhp with just an open pipe as the modification (at the height of humidity here!). So, your 95bhp is about right.

Nexus,

Sorry to hear about your continuing troubles -- I guess you haven't brought it over to Kawasaki?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Went to Dyno day here in Richmond at Richmond Motorsports. A lot of bikes turned out, almost 80+.

Bike has about 12,000km on it. Only main mod is a Arrow Slipon. I got 95.8hp and 44.7 torque.

Does that sound right?

·
Registered
67 Posts
On my 2001 zx6r i got 99.8 out of it [^] it had a muzzy titanium slipon, dynojet jet kit, k&n filter, +4 ignition timer(which they said took away from my top end) and removed the emission valve on the valve cover. I think i still have the dyno somewhere. I have not had a chance to dyno my 2003 zx6rr because i have it apart getting head work and putting on cams, valve springs, thinner gaskets, and a full muzzy system. I hope to dyno it next weekend and will post what i get out of it. Also have a stock zx6rr and will dyno it the same day. I know it will not give me an exact comparison but it will give me an idea as to if those parts helped out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to the shop that usually works on my bike. I got carbs done there, and had them look over the plugs. Mechanic said it was all good, and there was no oil, and plugs looked good. I'm going to ride around for a week or so and take it apart again. I will get it on a dyno soon, can't think of anything else that can be wrong.

ZX6R-J1 2000

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
where do you guys get your bikes dynoed at? not the location but like a dealership or bodyshop type place?[:I]

give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire

·
Registered
67 Posts
The dyno looks good but i would still try to get out the sharp peaks and drops. Have you jetted your bike yet? Or have you removed the fresh air valve on the top of the valve cover?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nope, haven't done any of the above. I'd like to get it jetted however.

Haven't heard about fresh air valve. Is there another topic regarding this?

·
Registered
995 Posts
my 2000 6r dynoed 102.6whp with just a full D&D and a K&N filter no jet kit or advance.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
100,9 hp on a Dynojet dyno and 100,6 hp on a Fuchs dyno. Both from the backwheel and without ram-air. With ram-air the Fuchs showed ~4 hp more (the dyno was simulating 150-200km/h speed).

The bike is a 2000 ZX-6R with Remus Genesis slip on. No jetting done or filters changed etc. I have just upped the carburettor needles one notch and adjusted the idle mixture to a little richer (Huh, can anyone understand my bad english?).

Allthought results from different dynos are not comparable. different dynos give different results.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i have a micron full race system, PCIII USB, and a BMC air filter. I am expecting nothing less than 115-118hp at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dude,that dyno sheet look like shit!!!!!!! its should have a smooth power curve,U have to many spicks its to aradic,my 98 zx6r has 97.7 STOCK with a nice power curve,thats Y i didnt do:D a pipe or anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.