Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a jet kit and am leaning towards the dynojet. Does anyone have any beef with the product that i should know of before i buy it. Everyone that i talk to says they like either factory or dynojet. I guess its a personal thing.

Also what it a reasonable price for installation. What tests should be performed at the shop to ensure that the bike is tuned properly. I heard that an exhaust gas analyzer is a necessity. Is it and is anything else.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i installed my dynojet jet kit by myself, took a bit longer, but it worked out well in the end. no gas analyzer either, just be carefully you dont tune it too lean and you cant really wreak anything... the drilling is a bit harry, but if you do it yourself, i can help clarify the instructinos, so its easy, the photocopied photos they give you arent much help

actually im in a dyno shoot out this weekend, it be interesting to see how close to perfectly tuned i really am! Ive been running since feb on my self tuned carbs...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by Zorac

i installed my dynojet jet kit by myself, took a bit longer, but it worked out well in the end. no gas analyzer either, just be carefully you dont tune it too lean and you cant really wreak anything... the drilling is a bit harry, but if you do it yourself, i can help clarify the instructinos, so its easy, the photocopied photos they give you arent much help

actually im in a dyno shoot out this weekend, it be interesting to see how close to perfectly tuned i really am! Ive been running since feb on my self tuned carbs...
Let us know what HP your bike has. I have a full Muzzy exhaust and no other mods and my 97 dynoed at 94hp at the rear wheel. Good luck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
83.77hp at the rear wheel uncorrected, apparently the dynojet dyno's read about 15% higher than the one i was on (factory pro load dyno), im also at about 3500' altitude, i was happy with the number, but the curve wasnt very smooth, two little dips i need to work out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.