Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking at purchasing the DynoJet Quickshifter along with the Power Commander III and was wondering if this would be a good investment. I wouldnt want to spend a lot of money and then end up with a product im not going to be happy with. Also, im looking to install it on a bike I use for both the track and the street, would that affect street riding?

·
Registered
92 Posts
was thinking of putting quick shifter on mine...got pc111 already...i was informed that it would put more pressure on gearbox..dont know if this is true or not...even if you dont put quickshifter on you should still put pc111 on...well worth it

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
You are going to need a ingition module as well.[certain bikes dont need it, but the 05-06 zx6r does] You can set a minimum rpm limit so if you were street riding you probably wouldnt be shifting at that high of an rpm. Its a pretty neat feeling. You can fell the motor unload it self why the bike shifts into the next gear. Its an awsome mod!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I don't have one yet, but everyone that I speak to that has one loves it.

--David

·
Registered
927 Posts
You are going to need a ingition module as well.[certain bikes dont need it, but the 05-06 zx6r does] You can set a minimum rpm limit so if you were street riding you probably wouldnt be shifting at that high of an rpm. Its a pretty neat feeling. You can fell the motor unload it self why the bike shifts into the next gear. Its an awsome mod!
I know on the 06/07 zx-10 you dont need the module, but i hear its real hard on the tranny if your not racing alot. At least thats what a few sales reps told me when i was looking to purchase one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
07s come with the quick shifter stock. Have the electronic on, be careful. it is a great felling but if u have it programed wrong even a milli second it can wear your tanny faster. Like chipping gears or even a drive gear. Know on how to use it before installing. Full throttle clutch less up shifting is the best feeling there is. I have one.......

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I know on the 06/07 zx-10 you dont need the module, but i hear its real hard on the tranny if your not racing alot. At least thats what a few sales reps told me when i was looking to purchase one.
I run a quick shift on my race bike and I am currently on trans repair number 3.

07s come with the quick shifter stock. Have the electronic on, be careful. it is a great felling but if u have it programed wrong even a milli second it can wear your tanny faster. Like chipping gears or even a drive gear. Know on how to use it before installing. Full throttle clutch less up shifting is the best feeling there is. I have one.......
I know I don't keep up with the 10's like I do the 6's but no stock bike comes with a quick shifter. The kit ECU's 07-08 zx6r have an option you can enable with a shifter sensor and I asume the 10's are similar but wouldn't come stock with one.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Not sure for the standard tension rod quickshifter that replaces the factory shift rod but, I got the linear travel sensor type from dynojet and the ignition module is not required. It plugs directly into the PC3 and works by cutting the fuel and not the spark like some other quickshifters that I have used. It is so smooth that it feels like the bike has an automatic gearbox in it now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
AMA super sport has done away with allowing quick shifter. Will use the tried and true method of preloading the shifter and blip throttle. AMA Superbike and Daytona Sport bike, along with WERA, CCS, AFM etc, you can still use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts