Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking from some DZUS D-Ring 1/4 fasteners to use with my new Attack Performance bodywork.

Which are best?....slip-on or spring/rivet style?

Slip-on seem like they would be easier to use...but seems like most go with the rivet style.

(note: I did a search and did not find this specific question addressed....go easy if I missed it :D)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Slip on are easy to use and probably stronger. If you crash you are going to destroy the fastener either way. Rivet look a bit nicer and more of a PITA to install, plus less "slop" for aligning body work, which is improtant sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
The problem (if you want to call it that) I had with the spring was that the bodywork wasn't always thick enough to put much pressure on the spring, but I never had any issues. Personally, I think both are fine and if I said anymore, I'd just be repeating what Ernie already told you. :D

·
Registered
481 Posts
Who sells them on zx-10R.net?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I ended up ordering the DZUS D-Ring Slip on (LP part# 236-201)...but have ran into a slight problem.

...got everything lined up and drilled and installed the clips...WOW!..that was easy, these things rock!.....ok now the bad part. The fastener is not long enough to go thru the lower and upper and engage the spring on the clip (each piece of the body work is about 0.10" thick). It was close, but just couldn't make it...to try to make it work, I tried to bend the spring in with vice grips, this kinda crushed the clip...it worked for a couple of the holes but others still wouldn't reach...but then when I was removing them, the clip actually broke on a few of them(guess it could not withstand the stress of being crushed like this).

I know this is a long story...so here is the point (and my reason for asking for help once again.).

1) Do you think the rivet style would have worked given the thickness of my panels? (I know the rivet style use the same fastener body...so it still might be too short). I believe this would only work if the rivet style allows you to mount the spring closer.

2) If the rivet style springs would work...is there any place I can order just the rivets and springs?....I already have the fastener bodies (which is most likely the expensive part)

3) Is there any place I can order a longer (0.05 to 0.10") fastener body from?

4) What are my other options for a quick release fastener?

Thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh, I dunno...

PM me. I can probably help, but I don't want to turn this into a sales pitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.