Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here tried this brand called Big Ear? I searched YouTube for custom motorcycle earplugs and got to watch this video made by them. Watched a lot of their other videos and I even checked their website and they look pretty legit. Are they worth the try? If not, what can you recommend? I'm thinking of getting customs because I've had some bad skin reaction from foamies recently. Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't have specific experience with this brand. However, I've been using no-noise ear plugs for quite some time and I'll tell you that filtering in ear plugs does work. From what I can tell, they're probably using something somewhat similar for the filter, so you should be able to hear the things you need to hear, and not so much the things you don't.

The price appears to be similar to other products that require a custom fit from a trained professional, but it was somewhat unclear to me whether or not that's included in the price.

Personally, I'd try the no-noise ones first and if they're too your liking, consider getting these. The main reason is that the investment in the Big Ear ones is pretty big.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have specific experience with this brand. However, I've been using no-noise ear plugs for quite some time and I'll tell you that filtering in ear plugs does work. From what I can tell, they're probably using something somewhat similar for the filter, so you should be able to hear the things you need to hear, and not so much the things you don't.

The price appears to be similar to other products that require a custom fit from a trained professional, but it was somewhat unclear to me whether or not that's included in the price.

Personally, I'd try the no-noise ones first and if they're too your liking, consider getting these. The main reason is that the investment in the Big Ear ones is pretty big.
I agree. They're a bit pricey. But if they're durable and if I'd be able to use them for a long time then I can say they are worth the $$$. Still looking for other products though.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I agree. They're a bit pricey. But if they're durable and if I'd be able to use them for a long time then I can say they are worth the $$$. Still looking for other products though.

Custom fit earplugs like these and the the ones I mentioned above will definitely last for years and years (as long as you don't lose them).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts