Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought a 06 636, and the guys at the dealership had a hell of a time installing the battery. Either they didn't know what they were doing or its a pain. I just bought a k&n filter and i need to easiest way to install without all of the hassle they went through. Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
Take off your seat, unbolt the two bolts on the side of the gass tank(theyre the long black ones), remove the bolt at the front of the tank. The tank can be propped up from there, make sure you dont pull on the fuel line or anything, and you will have enough room to remove the 6 screws on the cover of the airbox. Pull out the filter and put the new one in. When I bought my bike they said it was a pain to install the battery too. Ive never done it but i cant imagine it being much harder.

·
Registered
759 Posts
RE: battery install
You have to undo the bolt by the seat so that you can lift the tank up. You don't need to disconnect any hoses, just get a little wiggle room.

I'd love it if someone posted a nice "how to" pictorial on how to change the plugs. Getting the tank off with the weird clips and any tricks to removing/re-installing the airbox. I've done it on other bikes, but it's always a little spooky the first time on a bike when you've got to dig so far for the damn things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.